Sign in to follow this  
pfloyd

Question regarding installation

Hi guys,

A newbie question: Is it possible for the "ThirdWire" folder to be created in a drive different than C:. I'm just running out of space on my C: . Any input will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for the prompt reply. This is very useful, but it regards the Mod folders. What I have in mind is the original "ThirdWire" folder, which is automatically created in C: drive upon initial start of the game. I'm wondering if this folder can be move to another drive too.

no, the "core files" must be installed to the C drive

30 minutes ago, pfloyd said:

Thanks for the prompt reply. This is very useful, but it regards the Mod folders. What I have in mind is the original "ThirdWire" folder, which is automatically created in C: drive upon initial start of the game. I'm wondering if this folder can be move to another drive too.

Make a copy of the Mods folder (If you have any), uninstall the game via control panel or settings then start from scratch and reinstall the game on the drive you want to....I run mine from F which is another SSD.

• Like 1

@Wrench

Thanks, looks like I'll have to invest in a SSD. Hope the game is worth it.

@MigBuster  I have installed the game in a drive, different than C:, too, for lack of space. Nevertheless, when I started the game, the "ThirdWire" folder was created in C:. I think Wrench has answered my question. Thank you anyway.

To be clear on win 7 or 10

If you install the Game on lets say the "D" drive, it will install the core files on D only.

When you run a game it will still create the mod folders at C:\Users\<You>\Saved Games

If you need to move the Mod folders location then that is the line given in the second post down.

• Like 1

I'm on Win10. I got your point. The problem is that I'm short of space on C: and the game can't create the Mod folder there so I was looking for a way to create the folder on a different  drive than C:. As this turns out to be impossible I'll have to get a larger disk. Thanks everyone involved for their help. 

If you read carefully, you will see, that yakarovs answer (#2) is exactly, what you wanted to know. Using another partition for mods.

And of course you can install SF2 on another drive - just like any other piece of software. I myself have a separate partition just for SF2 + Mods + Modding-Stuff.

The only files on C are some inis, that contain the links to the actual locations.

In short:

Save your SF2+Mods-Folders, deinstall SF2, install it again on another drive, edit the files on c (options.ini iirc), start the game once. Delete the contents of the Mod-Folder the game just created. After that copy your saved Mod-Folder(s) to that new location. Thats it.