Sign in to follow this  
ValAstur

Sea Vipers - Defenders of the fleet

Inspired by Geary's great Sea Falcon skin available here at Combatace, I decided to create my own version (hope you don't mind, Geary :biggrin:)

Mitsubishi F-2N Sea Viper, VF-103 "Jolly Rogers", May 2000

large.img00001.png.282cfe93ff30b81300dfd

large.img00002.png.c508faee44d37bb2256c2

large.img00003.png.05679d5e80f5bc7e1e818

large.img00006.png.b5674a15c3c95b98f4f42

large.img00005.png.9c09390b9ffbdcea9c916

large.img00007.png.974dc55d871cd89a00a41

I know that the starbar normally is placed at the nose of the plane, but in this case the nose was too overloaded with decals, so I placed where the USAF wears it... (please don't hurt :cry:)

• Like 8

Nice update.

• Like 2

its great!!!! why you do not release it?

On 6/21/2018 at 3:15 PM, ValAstur said:

I know that the starbar normally is placed at the nose of the plane, but in this case the nose was too overloaded with decals, so I placed where the USAF wears it... (please don't hurt :cry:)

question 1: could some of those either consolidated into one or been put on the skin? statement two: its your world, put it where you like. observation 3: make the 000 and 001 Modexs (nose numbers) colorful, they are usually the CAG and squadron commander birds and the ones that are fancy. do the rest subdued.if you make the squadron markings level 2 decals, and have the main unnumbered decal subdued, then you only have to make two more that are colorful (same with insignia)

otherwise very nice!

• Like 1

Thank you for your advices concerning the colouring of the aircraft. That shan't be a problem to create fitting decals for the first two Modex', being placed over the existing lowviz skin.

But that will take some time to do that since I deleted my modified templates and now I have to start all over again...:blink:

it happens. thats why you saved constantly, and throw away nothing:biggrin:

• Like 1

Yeah I know.

Happened to me once and I promised myself, that it won't happen again... and here it is! :haha:

At least I created all necessary decals for the "remake".

Now comes the more difficult part: finding the accurate positions :search:

• Like 1