MigBuster

DCS Summer sale 50% off most modules

50% off most modules 21 June to 5 July 

( Sadly no money off the PC rig you need to run it like in the videos :)  )

• Like 1

This month I finally gave in and started messing around with flaming Cliffs 2 and then also DCS World. It seems like the opposite of Strike Fighters. Pro's: Modern Jets, Great packaging and documentation, Detailed systems. Cons: Not very Moddable /DRM / Limited flyables and planeset. What they share is the merging of all content in one game.

My desktop computer is very lightweight and it seems best to stick to an older version of DCS world like 1.2.3. Which runs OK. So I was hoping for this summer sale to come up and immediately bought FC3, Ka-50, CA, P-51D yesterday. Besides A-10C these are already all supported modules in 1.2.3. Happy to say all these modules work very well. :) 

(In case someone got a backup of DCS 1.2.4 or 1.2.5 + Matching module installers, I would  be interested in a copy)

LOL well have fun with that - yeah the new planes tend to take a while.

Thanks,

Well no problem on the ETA of new aircraft, I am sure the existing ones will offer plenty of challenges already. Achievements unlocked so far: 1) Ka-50 manual startup completed. 2) A-10A Maverick fired. 3) Emptied all rounds in an M1A2 Abrams tank.

Two other differences between DCS and Strike Fighters I forgot to mention:

DCS has proper helicopters and a summer sale. Strike Fighters only has hacky support for helicopters and the games+DLCs just got more expensive.

I see they are $39.99 were they $29.99 before? If so I don't know what to think of that other than I hope TW are planning to do some more updates in future.

There are things to do in DCS but once the module is learnt probably multiplayer or creating your own missions might be a way to go because the dynamic single player aspect is non existent compared to SF - I will let you discover the rest.

I definitely draw some parallels because if you read the ED forums it is similar discussions to what was on here 10 years back :)