Sign in to follow this  
beachav8r

Operation Burning Sands: MERCS

As usual - thanks to all the talented modders and content creators here for their amazing work..!

LINK to Mission 01

5e22331db2e3aef4026e6a7ff6387fd6afad1d85

b70dc94a0451010c667af486e7fb486a313462de

821387304e34b81293dae7cec2a4dc08e3a6f853

90979f5064b35210e29cad76ac0e75498f30ee90

3f9a9ee28664995b7ab301746023a555d6e45a43

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Very nice Beach, been a while since I did that the F-100 is a bit of a challenge.

The Hunter (to Fmk4) is a bit like a MiG-17 in turn ability, whereas the Fmk6 is like the MiG-17F despite no afterburner still has a comparable T/W (on paper) so is no slouch. Against Ace AI your best bet is keeping speed and going vertical.....................................I don't recommend doing so again a MiG-19S however............ bad idea there are smarter ways.

• Like 1

Thanks for those AAR Beach!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MigBuster said:

...been a while since I did that the F-100 is a bit of a challenge.

Yes, the F-100 feels like a brick when you get dumb with the stick. I'd be curious what the best cornering speed is on it. And as I mentioned, I hope external tanks come available in the campaign at some point - I honestly don't know how the mercenary campaigns work (but we'll see..!)...

Nice report and great screenshots! Keep it up! :good:

• Like 1

F-100 was why I bought the game SFP1. That skin as awesome, can't wait to take it for a spin!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, beachav8r said:

Yes, the F-100 feels like a brick when you get dumb with the stick. I'd be curious what the best cornering speed is on it. And as I mentioned, I hope external tanks come available in the campaign at some point - I honestly don't know how the mercenary campaigns work (but we'll see..!)...

7.33G corner of the real thing was around 390 to 440KIAS but don't advise horizontal turning - it is totally outmatched by most of them jets. If the AI decides to keep turning best you will normally do vs Ace AI (MiG-17F/MiG-19S ) is a neutral lufbery while you run out of fuel. Also the AIM-9s significantly reduce turn performance and not only that they are useless in a turn.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MigBuster said:

Also the AIM-9s significantly reduce turn performance and not only that they are useless in a turn.

I noticed that last night..! I freed four of Raytheon's best out into the wild last night without a kill... :pilotfly:

Nice work, I like reading your reports! It just makes me wanna start a merc-campaign (never played any) and actually play the game, rather than do skins or other stuff for it. Please continue!

• Like 1

On 6/24/2018 at 11:19 AM, ValAstur said:

Nice report and great screenshots!

And thank YOU for the awesome skin!

• Thanks 1

Your AARs make me want to drop terrain modding and start playing SF2 again! I hope we can soon give you an updated Operation Desert Storm campaign!

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, beachav8r said:

And thank YOU for the awesome skin!

Thanks! You're welcome! :clapping:

Great pics, I really like the one in M 06, the A-4 over the airfield...

Campaign still going or was there a unfortunate sudden end... ?

On 6/25/2018 at 12:35 AM, beachav8r said:

Yes, the F-100 feels like a brick when you get dumb with the stick. I'd be curious what the best cornering speed is on it. 

That's obvious, as fast as the tug goes.