Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Sikorsky S-16 updated

I have uploaded a completely new version of the Sikorsky S-16. It was not produced in very large numbers, and was quickly outclassed by other planes, so it wasnt one of the "great" planes, but I really like the way it looks.

The new version has all new LODs with higher detail and lower poly count. All new skins and decals are included. Ojcar made a new FM as well. 

Your comments are welcome.

Sikorsky_02.jpg

Sikorsky_05.jpg

Sikorsky_07.jpg

Sikorsky_06.jpg

SikorskyDamage_01.jpg

SikorskyDamage_02.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Beautiful (very) update Stephen, many thanks!

I have just one question though, where does this leave the alternate “flat-topped fuselage” S.16?  In this context, according to my references only a total of 34 S.16’s were built altogether (in no less than 5 variations). I wonder how many of these were of the “flat-topped” variant?

Cheers

Mike

• Like 1

Thanks Mike.

There were a lot of variations of the S.16 and it stayed in service from early 1915 right through to the end of the Russian Civil Wars. Based on what I've seen in photographs, the flatdeck version seems to have been more common, but I don't know for sure. There were also two-seat versions, and there may have been a seaplane version. 

Last week, I started revisions on the flatdeck version (with ailerons on both wings) and it will be finished soon.

• Like 1

Thanks Stephen,

Looking forward to the new flatdeck version.

Changing subject, have you ever considered doing the Armstrong-Whitworth FK8? An excellent, robust machine long absent from our sim.

Cheers

Mike

The Armstrong-Whitworth FK8 would be a great addition to First Eagles, both on the Western Front and on Palestine Front. I have looked into it and started collecting data for it some time ago.

My immediate goal, however, is to finish a revision of the Galicia terrain, which I've been working on for a couple of years. If I can get enough time away from the real world, I'll have the terrain finished later this summer.

• Like 5

On 25.06.2018 at 8:08 PM, Stephen1918 said:

Your comments are welcome.

Thank you, Steve! I see that you are familiar with this book :smile:

53453666-2.thumb.jpg.a48a6c07b54edc6dc71ac671e90ec007.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/12/2018 at 3:58 PM, Crawford said:

Thank you, Steve! I see that you are familiar with this book :smile:

The Sikorsky S-16 is my favorite WWI plane. I like the look of the wings and the landing gear. I have collected a lot of information about the S-16 over the years, but I don't have the book you mentioned.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stephen1918 said:

The Sikorsky S-16 is my favorite WWI plane. I like the look of the wings and the landing gear. I have collected a lot of information about the S-16 over the years, but I don't have the book you mentioned.

This book is almost a literal translation of the Russian edition. Can I put a link here? Books in PDF format weigh 58 Mb and 25 Mb respectively.  You need?

567-2.thumb.jpg.a5fd3bb62e18def70f1eb91d7bd0b1f1.jpg

• Like 2