Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By GKABS
      I decided to make a post so I can put all my work in one place I hope you okay with that.
      Okay here is the update of the M978/M977 HEMTT more detail will be added but this is how it looks so far.

• By Gepard

View File F-5GN (Marines)
      F-5GN(Marines) Sea Tiger (What if)
      This mod is made for SF2.
      ----------------------------------------------------------
      I. History (fiction)
      In 1969 there were decisive elections in West Germany. In reality, the Social Democrats won.
      A new foreign policy followed and a period of reduction of tensions between East and West.
      WHAT IF, the other side had won?
      What if the conservatives had won and Franz Joseph Strauß (an old bavarian Commie eater) would have become Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany?
      And so it starts.
      In 1969 Strauß was elected as Chancellor. A period of rising tensions between East and West
       started. To protect the sea lanes between Europe and America the west german parliament Bundestag decided to build up a west german carrier force consiting of 3 carriers.
      The american gouvernment was pleased and offered to sell 3 carriers of the Essex class (subclass Ticonderoga).
      The first ship which was handed over was CV-34 Oriskany in 1969. Renamed in R-22 Theodor Heuss it was core of the first west german carrier group. 1973 CV-38 Shangri-La became R-23 Heinrich Lübke (later renamed in Walter Scheel) and two years later CV-45 Valley Forge became R-24 Gustav Heinemann.
      The americans offered A-4 Skyhawk and F-8 Crusader as planes for the carrier group. The Bundesmarine accepted the A-4, but rejected the Crusader, because the Bundesmarine wanted a more multi role capable plane, not only a pure fighter.
      At this moment Northrop entered the competition and offered a navalised version of the brand new F-5E Tiger. Under the designation F-5GN (German Navy) it should be produced in America and Germany. The west german government accepted the offer and the serial production of the F-5GN started. During flight tests on the way the US Marines decided, that it would be a good idea to replace their old F-8 Crusaders with F-5GN planes. So the F-5GN became a Marine plane.
      Later, when the Marines retired their attack carriers the surviving F-5GN were transfered to Top Gun school.
      In west german service the F-5GN stayed till 1995. Then it was replaced by F-31 Mustang II.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
      II.
      CREDITS:
      The F-5GN(Marines) based on Centurions 2014 released F-5E package.
      A lot of files i have taken from this package. Thanks for this files!
      The skin:
      ~~~~~~~~~~~

The Marines skin is a mod of the Southvietnames skin available in Centurions Package

The flight model :
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      The  FM i made by using parts of the stock F-16A FM made by TK.

III.
      INSTALLATION:
      -Unzip the folders into your SF2 mod folder

IV.
      For remarks, comments, bugs, etc please use the forum or send me a PM.
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      V.
      The F-5GN(Marines) and all other files are FREEWARE. COMMERCIAL USE IS NOT ALLOWED!
      ------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy it.

Michael (Gepard)

Made in Germany
      May 2020

Submitter Gepard Submitted 05/18/2020 Category F-5  
    • By Gepard
      F-5GN(Marines) Sea Tiger (What if)
      This mod is made for SF2.
      I. History (fiction)
      In 1969 there were decisive elections in West Germany. In reality, the Social Democrats won.
      A new foreign policy followed and a period of reduction of tensions between East and West.
      WHAT IF, the other side had won?
      What if the conservatives had won and Franz Joseph Strauß (an old bavarian Commie eater) would have become Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany?
      And so it starts.
      In 1969 Strauß was elected as Chancellor. A period of rising tensions between East and West
       started. To protect the sea lanes between Europe and America the west german parliament Bundestag decided to build up a west german carrier force consiting of 3 carriers.
      The american gouvernment was pleased and offered to sell 3 carriers of the Essex class (subclass Ticonderoga).
      The first ship which was handed over was CV-34 Oriskany in 1969. Renamed in R-22 Theodor Heuss it was core of the first west german carrier group. 1973 CV-38 Shangri-La became R-23 Heinrich Lübke (later renamed in Walter Scheel) and two years later CV-45 Valley Forge became R-24 Gustav Heinemann.
      The americans offered A-4 Skyhawk and F-8 Crusader as planes for the carrier group. The Bundesmarine accepted the A-4, but rejected the Crusader, because the Bundesmarine wanted a more multi role capable plane, not only a pure fighter.
      At this moment Northrop entered the competition and offered a navalised version of the brand new F-5E Tiger. Under the designation F-5GN (German Navy) it should be produced in America and Germany. The west german government accepted the offer and the serial production of the F-5GN started. During flight tests on the way the US Marines decided, that it would be a good idea to replace their old F-8 Crusaders with F-5GN planes. So the F-5GN became a Marine plane.
      Later, when the Marines retired their attack carriers the surviving F-5GN were transfered to Top Gun school.
      In west german service the F-5GN stayed till 1995. Then it was replaced by F-31 Mustang II.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
      II.
      CREDITS:
      The F-5GN(Marines) based on Centurions 2014 released F-5E package.
      A lot of files i have taken from this package. Thanks for this files!
      The skin:
      ~~~~~~~~~~~

The Marines skin is a mod of the Southvietnames skin available in Centurions Package

The flight model :
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      The  FM i made by using parts of the stock F-16A FM made by TK.

III.
      INSTALLATION:
      -Unzip the folders into your SF2 mod folder

IV.
      For remarks, comments, bugs, etc please use the forum or send me a PM.
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      V.
      The F-5GN(Marines) and all other files are FREEWARE. COMMERCIAL USE IS NOT ALLOWED!
      ------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy it.

Michael (Gepard)

Made in Germany
      May 2020

• By KJakker
      I came across this and thought I should share it.

• By Nesher
      https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2336608019777134
      Worth watching 😉

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..