Geary

Runway Problem in Iran-Iraq War Mod

How does one fix the problem of being 'below' or sunk into the runway?

This is from Spudknocker's Iran-Iraq War campaigns using Menerva's reworked Iran-IraqWA terrain.

BTW, is/has anyone done anymore work on an SF2 Iran-Iraq mod?  I love flying MK2's SF1 Iran-Iraq War but it's getting a bit dated.

In the first image, the helicopter is below the runway.  In the second it's sunk into it.

TIA,

Geary

img00001.JPG

img00002.JPG

The runway is placed not on a flat area. Its a terrain issue, has nothing to do with the campaign.

Gepard,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if the runway problem can be fixed easily or does it need a terrain expert?

I know little-to-nothing about terrains.

There is no simple solution.

The "easiest way" is to move the runway to a flat area. The other way is to use the TerrainEditor to flatten the area around the runway.

@Geary That mod is using an old, beta version of my standalone terrain which is miles better. You'd better download and use the standalone terrain I have uploaded, as it was updated and bugfixed numerous times and now it's rather bug free. However, you'll have to fix the campaigns as various target area/airport names do not match with the old, beta version of the terrain.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Menrva said:

That mod is using an old, beta version of my standalone terrain which is miles better. You'd better download and use the standalone terrain I have uploaded, as it was updated and bugfixed numerous times and now it's rather bug free. However, you'll have to fix the campaigns as various target area/airport names do not match with the old, beta version of the terrain.

Do what man says. His latest update on terrain is marvelous. 

Gepard,

Unfortunately, your 'easiest way' and the 'other way' are both beyond my knowledge and abilities.  Thanks, 'anyway'.

Menrva,

I do have you updated standalone terrain in my Iran-Iraq install.  I like it much.  But as Spudknocker's campaigns use your older terrain I've been using it to fly the campaigns and tune my install.

I use your newer terrain for single flight.  It's beautiful.

Guess I'll have to figure out how to remap the campaigns to the new terrain.

yakarov79,

I agree.  Now to figure out how to do it.

Thanks to all of you for the help.

@strahi  I already said, the terrain from the Iran-Iraq mod package is an old, bugged version. I don't give a damn about those bugs because you can download the latest, better version of the terrain here: https://combatace.com/files/file/16395-iraq-western-asia-1980-2003/

Please, download the linked package and use that one. The terrain in the Iran-Iraq mod package is bugged and awful, so don't use it. That's all, now please someone lock the thread.

Edited by Menrva
  • Thanks 1

strahi has uploaded updated campaign .inis to be used with the latest standalone terrain, check the following thread: https://combatace.com/forums/topic/90184-iran-iraq-war-terraincampaign/?page=2

However, users might need to find and fix their aircraft folder names to match those of the .ini files. Apart from that, they should work.

Edited by Menrva