Just curious how to make a functioning SA-6 site in single missions so the SA-6 launchers... launch.  Be nice to have a F-16 Netz raid have something more potent in regards to SAMs than 2 SA-9 vehicles that are little more than an acute nuisance.

You don't have to do something to make SA-6 site functional. SAM sites are generated randomly taking into account limited nations.ini and SAMs userlist. SA-9 is a launcher-vehicle classified as MOBILE_AAA which means that you can place them (via mission editor) wherever you want and they will be functional in any case cause they are not dependent on fire control radars like the SA-6. Systems like the SA-6 (or SA-2, SA-3, etc) have a central fire control radar (like Straightflush for SA-6) and 6 peripheral launchers. Sometimes placing SAM elements (SAM radar, SAM launchers) the one close to other via mission editor doesn't work and you will end up with a non functional site.

I suggest using my SA-6 mod which includes all the known SA-6 cold war versions along with updated userlist.

On 7/18/2018 at 7:24 AM, Nightshade/PR said:

And Brother, do they work!!!!

Just found out myself... kinda startling when even when I know there's an SA-6 around because I placed it... to see that white smoke trail while trying to bomb a comm center.