Gents, is there a way to making all carry on rockets fire in a salvo, I mean, all at once? Like on Typhoons for example.

Interesting question

What do you mean " Like on Typhoons for example"? We have example?

I tried

[RocketAttackAI]
ReleaseCount=16 <-------- all in pack
ReleaseInterval=0.05 <------ if to se 0 aircraft loses the ability to take aim and do circles over target.

i like that things like AH-1 or Mi-24 Do BANG!! BANG!! with a salvo like they do in real. and the ocean of blood fire and smoke )))

i want to know the answer too.

Thanks Bazilius. Good tip. I'll try later today.

In reality you can select the size of the salvo.

In the Mi-24 it was possible to fire 1 rocket per pod, 4 rockets per pod, 16 per pod or all rockets at one time.

In the AH-1 it was the same procedure.

on the WW2 birds, since they're NOT rocket pods, I just hold down the fire button. Fires them all of -- Mustangs, T-Bolts, Corsairs, and the rest. Never had a problem 

• Like 1

Gepard, I know that on Mi-24 they can switch, and we see they firing 4 rockets for millitary exercises at training ground to save rockets. But in real action they firing all at once, because they afraid of missiles from the ground. So do Su-25s, they fire all at once with one pass. I saw it in reality and it is impressive. So I tried to repeat it in the game but it firing anyway one by one. 

Wilches, this decision gives not very good result, cuz anyway they fire one by one and you need a long distance in "RollInRange=" If there are a lot rockets in pod, hellicopter or aircraft stop firing anyway when reach "PullOutRange=" and you need long "ReleaseRange=" the distance when vehicle start its firing. for any aircraft it need to tune separately. if you want i can show you my data from Mi-24

This will do only for slow vehicle as an hellicopter.Your airkraft needs different numbers.

[RocketAttackAI]
RollInRange=2500.0 <---------- wehicle stand on its way to attack at this distance
RollInAlt=600.0 <---------- and altitude
PullOutRange=300.0 <-------- end attack distance
PullOutAlt=200.0 <---------- and altitude
ReleaseRange=1800 <---------- start firing distance
SecondPassRange=1800
SecondPassAlt=500
ReleaseCount=16
ReleaseInterval=0.05

My hellicopter from this distanse manages to shoot only 16 rockets + ~ 4 over. and as Gepard said, in real they firing fixed counts of rockets, and i set it to 16. How to do a real salvo i do not know, but i want to know.  If somebody did this trick, please do not be lazy to tell how to.

none of which will work properly for single rail mounted rockets on a WW2 fighter-bomber, moving a much higher speeds than a helo. 

Remember, the first rocket pods on US aircraft were on AD-4Ns in Korea in 1951.

I'd suggest simply looking at the data inis of those ww2 aircraft that carry HVARs, and actually FLYING them on a CAS or Armed Recon mission. And watch what happens

There is... or at least there was a planned feature called

NEXT_SALVO_QUANTITY=CTRL+RBRACKET
PREV_SALVO_QUANTITY=CTRL+SHIFT+RBRACKET
NEXT_SALVO_INTERVAL=CTRL+LBRACKET
PREV_SALVO_INTERVAL=CTRL+SHIFT+LBRACKET

You can mod them into your control list....  But of course, like many similar thing they do not work.

yes, this is for bombs and it is works very nice. i did for some my aircrafts  they drop bombs all at once, this is easy cake task. You can find quantity and interwals in cockpit.ini to switch inside cockpit

[CockpitData]

RippleQuantity=1,2,4,8
RippleInterval=0,100,200,300,400

and in DATA.ini sections for AI

[LevelBombAI]
ReleaseCount=48
ReleaseInterval=0.05

But it is for bombs, it does not work for rocket. This is not realy that things we talking about

I'm using  Raven's MK.1 RAF rocket rail. This's set as RP (rocket pod) inside WEAPONSDATA.INI. So a Hawker Typhoon or a Hurricane carries 8 rockets in all. Perhaps if we have a single 3d object for the rocket rails and in its .INI is set as 8 rockets per pod, this thing could work much better.

Might be a work around... I recall the F4D Skyray has its rockets set up as guns in order to fool the AI into using them as air to air weapons. 

Could the same "trick" be used again but give an extremely high rate of fire to allow a salvo?

fallenphoenix1986, interesting. Yey, it must be a trick. There is no easy way i see.

Well, I did this and worked fine. All rockets fired at once!

[RocketAttackAI]
RollInRange=7500.0
RollInAlt=1350.0
PullOutRange=200.0
PullOutAlt=100.0
ReleaseRange=2000.0
//SecondPassRange=4500.0
//SecondPassAlt=800.0
ReleaseCount=8  <----------------- The Hurricane with 8 rockets
ReleaseInterval=0.05
AimPitchOffset=1.0

I raised the pitch because the rockets fell much ahead. With 1.0 it hits nicely. Wish that you guys test and make any necessary adjust. I found the rocket effect very weak. I real footage the smoke is very thick and blinding.

By deactivating the "SecondPassRange/Alt" force the plane to deliver the rockets on the first pass, as the real thing.