Sign in to follow this  
streakeagle

Third Wire forums no longer linked on website

If you are a long time SFP1/WoX/SF2 fan, then you know there is a lot of useful knowledge stored on the official Third Wire forums. At one point, they completely disappeared, but TK brought them back. They have been largely inactive and TK almost never responds to any questions posted there, but they have been a link on the Third Wire community page for a long time now. The link on the official web page has disappeared. The forums are still up at http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/

But the question is how long are they going to remain? If there is any info you want to save when they are ultimately shut down, I advise you go copy the posts and paste them here.

5 hours ago, streakeagle said:

If there is any info you want to save when they are ultimately shut down, I advise you go copy the posts and paste them here.

Do335 has already done it. He (manually!) downloaded all threads with posts from TK from the thirdwire forums:

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/85815-preserving-the-tw-official-forum/

His download link is dead now, but fortunately I found a copy of this package on my HD :biggrin::

Third Wire.7z

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Not sure what is happening at Thirdware... for weeks, all Android game were unavailable on Googleplay, and they also did not run saying something about download failure(?)

I would hope that what is happening at Third Wire is that TK has done so well on advertising income with his android games that he can afford to take a few years off if not retire completely. He appeared to have invested everything into SFP1/SF2 and was going broke aside from any money he put towards a retirement. So maybe android games have treated him so well he can go have some fun instead of just eating Ramen noodles and coding every day.

• Haha 3

I hope so to.

For the people who reacted 'haha' to the previous post, I don't really see much irony there. If you wan't to get a feel for the potential stress of game programming, look up some interviews regarding those famous 1990's independent game development companies and their working hours near the deadline. A bit unhealthy to say the least.

• Like 1

It would seem Third Wire is in the process of trimming its web presence down. Others have reported the loss of the store and other links. The forum link I posted above is now dead.

Like the other links, the Third Wire forums are accessible again, but the link from the Community page is still removed.