Just pulled down SFP2 from an old games site. Got it installed ok but

when trying to extract a file (HUDDATA.ini) from the Flight Cat, it keeps giving

me an error cannot open cat file.  I noticed all the Cat files are "secured" which

i think is the problem.

Is there any way around this that can help me extract the huddata.ini file?

Thanks,

savagkc

Hm.... interesting.. You should be able to extract ini files with the stock extractor. Perhaps try Mue Tools instead.

If you didn't buy a copy from Thirdwire.com then who knows what you downloaded and installed on your machine.

Indeed ... unfortunately, there are a lot of pirated, incomplete versions floating around.

as for SF2, the only thing you can't extract (with either Mue's tool or the official 3rdW one) are all the lods for items. Everything else is available

Wrench,

Glad to see u still active in SF, enjoyed a lot of your stuff in the past!

For info: I bought SFP1, SFP2, 1st Eagles, Wings over Vietnam and Korea a long time ago.

My CD went bad for SFP2 and couldnt install it on new system. So, i found that site and gave it a shot.

Installed just fine but its version is original with no mods. I have a lot of mods to add back in, not all need a cat extracted file,

most don't. have lots of planes to put back in. Some from Wrench.

Maybe i could use "some" of the files from SFP1 will have to try.

Was just wondering if a later version of the cat extractor was available?

thanks for quick responses,

savagkc

I'd recommend contacting Thirdwire maybe they can help recover your purchase. If you knew how many people found that site and gave it a shot it'd scare you.

thought I recognized the name for long ago!

there are newer versions of the SF2 cat extractor here in the SF2 downloads/Utilities section.

most 1stGen stuff will work, but will need fiddling with to make it so. My suggestion is to check the SF2 downloads for "newer" or sf2-ized versions.

thanks, wrench,

I'll check it out...

savagkc