Does anyone know if Thirdwire's storefront is down?

Can't seem to reach the Storefornt or the downloads section

The Store link and PC Download Center links time out for me.

yeah, "timed out" for me too just now.

well, hopefully, it's just a server issue. 

Click on the "Download Center" link on the downloads page. It is a no go, too.

He may be abandoning sales/support of the old PC games, which makes sense given that the SF2 games were designed for Vista and Windows 10 just keeps moving further away from compatibility.

58 minutes ago, streakeagle said:

He may be abandoning sales/support of the old PC games, which makes sense given that the SF2 games were designed for Vista and Windows 10 just keeps moving further away from compatibility.

I hope not . . . I just purchased Strike Fighters Europe yesterday.  I got an email from PayPal confirming the transaction, but I was never redirected to the download code/link for the actual game, and I never received an email from Thirdwire.  I sent an email to their support email address over 24 hours ago, but have not gotten a reply back yet.

AeroViper,  was there a code in the email? if so go to the support section, then the Download section on that page. it should ask for your email and code, then take you to the games you have bought so far

its been a few years since i bought anything from TW so i dont think its supposed to work that way first time, but its how to get your purchased games the 2d or 58th time downloading from the site.

if there wasnt a code in the email, i would reach out on twitter and FB as well. either way, keep all copies correspondence and game files once you get them, as glitches like this are becoming more common for the SF2 series folks

Edit: just tried it from my email with code, and no dice there either. will be taking my own advice after breakfast and posting to support and FB

Edited by daddyairplanes
fact checked

I checked the PayPal email and it looks like there is a ten-digit code listed in the merchant details.  I think that's the download code, but the download center link on the website is dead so I can't use it.  Thanks for your help though, I'll try reaching out over Twitter.

no worries, i also sent a message through FB, and its been seen. so we'll see where it goes from there.

That problem we had seen some month ago too. After a short time the shop was online again.

I hope it will be the same this time.

Unfortunately the Download Center doesn't recognize my email address, and I still never received an email directly from Thirdwire with the download link.  I know I put in the right email, because I did receive an email from PayPal.  Guess I'll have to wait and see if Thirdwire responds over email or Twitter.

sorry to hear that. you can try Facebook message as well. good luck!

ya know, you'd think that MAYBE TK would post something on FB or Instagram or Tweeter, that there's an issue with the site, and for folks that have recently purchased something and can't download, to be patient and that "things will return to normal soon".

just saying...

His only recent post on Third Wire FB was "Happy 4th of July" before that his last post was in Feb. Perhaps he is deep into coding a new project?

Good news!  Just recieved the email with the download link from Thirdwire.  I guess it was delayed from the website being down or something, but at least it’s arrived now.

• Like 1

stuntman: you mean the 3W exporter for MAX? 

don't we have that archived here someplace? IIRC, it's only for MAX 2009 (?)

=============

Just to clarify:

the LOD importer/decompiler for MAX, which essentially reverse engineers exported LODs back to MAX is  illeagle software, and only of use for pirates and thieves.

So, I know that NOT what you're asking about.

===============

I couldn't find my copy(s) of the exporters, but did reach the 3W Tools & Utilities page:

http://www.thirdwire.com/downloads_tools.htm

I downloaded them ALL!!! Don't quite know which is what (never installed the exporter to my MAX set up, as I've yet to learn how to use it!). I guess I'll post them all here , just to be safe

That comment was so :off_topic: I didn't think it would get answered. 

• Haha 1

Sorry about that Erik. I was looking for it on thirdwire's webpage, and since I couldn't find it I considered it was kind of not off topic.

Thank you Wrench, I was talking about the exporter, nothing illegal.

• Like 1