Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Liaoning Aircraft carrier mod?

I find very rare we don't have a Liaoning carrier when even DCS has one, but maybe I'm wrong cause I cannot find any. So my question is, do we have the chinese carrier Liaoning?

dYLyNUA.jpg

We don't have a Kuznetsov, only an Ulianovsk and a Minsk. We also don't have a Charles de Gaulle (well, we have one but with crappy statics baked in unfortunately).

Edited by Gunrunner

3 hours ago, Gunrunner said:

We don't have a Kuznetsov, only an Ulianovsk and a Minsk. We also don't have a Charles de Gaulle (well, we have one but with crappy statics baked in unfortunately).

And now, what I hunt with this one?

qOqzYsf.jpg

• Like 3

Unfortunatly  jump ramp carriers are not supported by the game engine.

Some years ago i had seen a Kusnetzow class carrier as work in development at MarcFighters http://marcfighters.combatace.com/screens42.htm

Here a picture from this site.

Kusnetzow.jpg.0493c46b46a0599141ebdc0ad50868a4.jpg

Seems to be, that it was never released.

Even without the ramp will be a nice addition, both in Soviet/Russian and Chinese forms.

It kinda works in the latest patch despite the ramp thing............needs permission from the creator though before it can be released.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MigBuster said:

It kinda works in the latest patch despite the ramp thing............needs permission from the creator though before it can be released.

It would be a welcome addition! Still, permission from the creator is paramount.

2 hours ago, MigBuster said:

The Marcfighters version?

Yes it is that one................turns out it might be my fault it was never put out because I was asked to reskin it and it somehow dropped off my radar.

If anyone wants to contact Marcfighters, very good luck. I think he moved to Mars.

As far as I, speaking as one of the lead modders, a site moderator, and site admin, it should be considered 'abandonware', and released.

• Like 3

I would be happy to work on an SF2:NA data file for it if you need the help.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wrench said:

As far as I, speaking as one of the lead modders, a site moderator, and site admin, it should be considered 'abandonware', and released.

Hope we can get a release then... or two, If we can get the Liaoning too.

41 minutes ago, KJakker said:

I would be happy to work on an SF2:NA data file for it if you need the help.

Data and skin would be needed for the Liaoning.

12 hours ago, MigBuster said:

Yes it is that one................turns out it might be my fault it was never put out because I was asked to reskin it and it somehow dropped off my radar.

As Wrench has said, then I think there's no problem to release it. Marcfighters is going to take the credit for the 3d model in any case. We take care of our CA family.

• Like 4

Bump. Just wondering, any chance to see Marcfighters' Kuznetsov released? If not, no problem; I totally understand modders being protective of their own works.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1