Menrva

All pilots, scramble! New terrains inbound!

New scenarios coming in 1 week (or the usual 2, who knows?). Gentlemen, get ready for battle! Today we show you one of three world hotspots where you may be deployed... 

Texas, American South Central (1968-2018)
Supported by the Russians, Central American regimes stage an invasion of Mexico. The remnant of the Mexican military flees to the U.S. and fights alongside North American forces.

TexasASC_MAP2.thumb.jpg.388343d4c68b979bb6bfe906377571ae.jpg

img00003.thumb.JPG.5e86bb57e57092a2ab8178a6b3df50f8.JPG

img00004.thumb.JPG.17c06044d9509d677e1cf8ebdf2596ed.JPG

img00008.thumb.JPG.fdd7cd92ba409b746780d74e8f7f969d.JPG

img00009.thumb.JPG.421db8460200ac833c8609672795b3db.JPG

img00013.thumb.JPG.2a986e6c4223ee28b611f1a830ae9fed.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

No Dyess or Carswell (now Fort Worth JRB)? Where will the Buffs and Bones stay?

seriously tho, looking good. and if you added the above bases it would be a very good reason for a Soviet backed invasion and for the USSR to give such support to put a threat closer to major SAC bases. Cuba 62 without the nukes or Russians in uniform........

and yes i see now it would probably be at the edge of the map

Edited by daddyairplanes
looked at a map

21 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

i see now it would probably be at the edge of the map

Yeah. Actually, I could have added it as an Off Map Airbase, but there are large airbases for heavy bombers already on the terrain. There's also room for many civilian airports, but I didn't have time nor will to expand it. Anyway, we'll see what the future brings...

• Like 1

in a conflict like what you are describing, those two would be evacuated anyhow, at least to Tinker in Oklahoma and more likely to a mix of Castle (California), McConnel (Kansas), and Blytheville/Eaker (Arkansas). Out of red tac air range but still somewhat close to the fight. Barksdale is a question mark but i think the Louisiana Air Guard would get federalized and begin a CAP rather than just a 5 minute alert. Same goes for Texas Air Guard in this scenario. Jets to be used depends on when you set the action up for (F-102, F-4C or F-15/F-16)

A situation is developing south of the Equator. Pilots, check your planes and prepare for refueling. We're heading to...

Ecuador, Northwest South America (1981-1998)
Border tensions between Ecuador and Peru have escalated, and both sides are increasing their military presence along the Cordillera del Cóndor area and Cenepa Valley.

EcuadorNSA_MAP2.thumb.jpg.57ee1833a85578f1ec409775640a88bf.jpg

img00001.thumb.JPG.5a10212eb0de6679f74ce3b9b415854f.JPG

img00004.thumb.JPG.8cc650ef1e41675222037d902c0b6a3e.JPG

img00011.thumb.JPG.051a82ffd0559dad2375402e450cc331.JPG

img00012.thumb.JPG.b8d9630447fca45ed69b9eb42e3c74c3.JPG

img00013.thumb.JPG.19a7793ab298c3b110985f33f0da69fb.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Gents, the world needs your dogfighting skills for another conflict in...

Timor, North Oceania (1950-2018)
Indonesia is testing its boundaries, putting pressure on the nearby East Timor. China is also keeping an eye on the situation. The combined military units of Australia and New Zealand are on station to repulse any threat in the area.

TimorNO_MAP2.thumb.jpg.b41118a122d810a9d8d22263b5c1b29d.jpg

img00001.thumb.JPG.37b26106ef9626dbc56c6eee60b419f3.JPG

img00007.thumb.JPG.65d116627e3f60e85db88cf5f74fca28.JPG

img00010.thumb.JPG.7de1dbaec4a7fea203bfa6feb89de54e.JPG

img00008.thumb.JPG.3209bce289d977679e62950f1bbf264a.JPG

img00015.thumb.JPG.a18b87709fa0e27a595d441c8de84d1e.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Menrva, special THANK YOU for all your incredible dedication and commitment in bringing these to life...Artistic terrain building is a tough and demanding skill and it always wonderful to see your updates - know that they are appreciated and keep up the great work!     :drinks:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Cenepa terrain was started by Centurion, I helped him until he left. Then a team was formed that included several members, including Menrva, but also Wrench, TioPilotos, etc.

48 minutes ago, Stratos said:

Cenepa terrain was started by Centurion, I helped him until he left. Then a team was formed that included several members, including Menrva, but also Wrench, TioPilotos, etc.

Yes, it was a great team effort. Stratos, the active team (including you) has a special place in the credits! You'll see.

Excellent work, and team effort thank you all.:good:

Locking really nice. :ok: 

Edited by umm

Wow, I never would have thought of a Central America Vs Mexico what-if set in the Gulf, but that terrain looks terrific and the idea has a lot of intrigue.  Will there be a possibility in the scenarios to treat it more as a proxy war, with the possibility of mercenary pilots from the USA and Russia. Personally, I'd love to have some Canadian mercs flying decommissioned CF-105 Arrows, CF-5A Freedom Fighters or CF-188 Hornets; depending on the historical era.

What editions of SF2 will be required to play it?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arrow said:

Wow, I never would have thought of a Central America Vs Mexico what-if set in the Gulf, but that terrain looks terrific and the idea has a lot of intrigue.  Will there be a possibility in the scenarios to treat it more as a proxy war, with the possibility of mercenary pilots from the USA and Russia. Personally, I'd love to have some Canadian mercs flying decommissioned CF-105 Arrows, CF-5A Freedom Fighters or CF-188 Hornets; depending on the historical era.

What editions of SF2 will be required to play it?

You know? The original idea I had for this terrain was that of a proxy war against drug cartels and/or political rebels getting support from the outside, but it was limited to the years 1994-2018. In the end I decided to expand the timeframe so that it now includes the Cold War, starting from 1968. Of all the terrains I made, this one is the most adapt for many what ifs, so users are not limited to what I imagined.

The terrain uses the Desert.CAT terrain as a base, and that terrain comes with the basic Strike Fighters 2. However, you can replace which stock terrain .CAT archive to use for all custom terrains. For instance, open the TexasASC.ini file with Notepad; you'll find:

[Terrain]
TerrainFullName=Texas, American South Central (1968-2018)
DataFile=TexasASC_DATA.INI
TargetFile=TexasASC_TARGETS.INI
TargetTypeFile=TexasASC_TYPES.INI
CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat

Just change the CatFile to use the stock terrain you have. If you have SF2 Europe, you'll have the GermanyCE terrain, so CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

The only stock terrain that can't be used as a base is the IcelandNA terrain that comes with SF2 North Atlantic. Word of advise: replacing .CATs as I showed works most of the time. However, each .CAT archive is different. The Desert one contains certain buildings which are not present in other terrains. By using another .CAT other than the default one can result in small bugs and glitches (such as you're given to bomb a bridge, but there is no 3d model for it). But this does not prevent you to try all the custom terrains the community has created! So my advise is to buy the SF2 title you prefer, but avoid SF2NA as you cannot use its terrain as a base for the custom terrains.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

Pilots, get ready for battle! The skies above a strategic and varied region of the world await you. You're being deployed to...

Ethiopia, African Horn (1977-1990)
The Ogaden War erupts, the Soviet Union aiding Derg's Ethiopia and the United States scrambling to support Somalia. Minor fights expected in Yemen, between the Western-backed North Yemen and the Soviet-backed South Yemen.

EthiopiaAH_MAP2.thumb.jpg.bc5c2fefa80e9fd78423d5af4af084b1.jpg

Ethiopia, African Horn (1993-2028)
The Derg regime in Ethiopia has fallen. Eritrea declares independence contesting borders with Ethiopia and Djibouti. A unified Yemen threatens the interests of the West in the Red Sea region.

EthiopiaAH_93_MAP2.thumb.jpg.37193ec2dfaf7e5e40fc6a26639760c4.jpg

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Pilots, we have a new assignment. You have long awaited to fly over these skies. You're finally being deployed to...

Italy, Southern Europe (1963-1991)
As war looms between NATO and the Warsaw Pact over Central Europe, Yugoslavia and Hungary are planning to bring the fight to Italian territories. Possible support to this war plan is expected from Albania and Romania. Italian forces and American units stationed on the beautiful peninsula and around its seas are on alert as Switzerland and Austria mantain their neutrality.

ItalySE_MAP2.thumb.jpg.f13a64e34e2100c16deb6bc9589788a1.jpg

Italy, Southern Europe (1993-2006)
The breakup of Yugoslavia has happened and conflicts erupt in the heart of the Balkans. NATO is planning offensive operations against Serbia with the intent of supporting the independence of Croatia, Slovenia, Macedonia and Bosnia-Herzegovina. Bosnia is almost entirely under the control of Serbian factions. Serbia can count on the support of Montenegro against the upcoming NATO bombings.

ItalySE_93_MAP2.thumb.jpg.9182358ddb12078afe2ac5518ee15393.jpg

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 6

21 hours ago, Menrva said:

Pilots, we have a new assignment. You have long awaited to fly over these skies. You're finally being deployed to...

Italy, Southern Europe (1963-1991)

Italy, Southern Europe (1993-2006)

@Menrva Thank you! I was waiting for something like this.
:good:

Looks like I'll have to mod the second map with a later date because I'm spoiled. But can't wait for this to come out.

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

Looks like I'll have to mod the second map with a later date because I'm spoiled. But can't wait for this to come out.

As long as it is for your own use, feel free to do so. Actually, I originally set the year span to 1993-2030, but various Real World changes happened after 2006 (Montenegro got independent, grew closer to the West and later joined NATO; Macedonia got renamed to North Macedonia; Kosovo self-declared its independence, etc.) and those would require a third version of the terrain. To keep things simple and scenarios realistic, I limited the year span to 1993-2006. If you increase it to 2030, you'll see that a couple of airports disappear at given years, because they were either destroyed or abandoned, so I also took into account such events well beyond 2006.

Edited by Menrva
  • Thanks 1