FM Tweaks for WOFFue/pe

Hello fellow flyers of WOFFue/pe,

You will find enclosed in the attached zip file 45 tweaked FMs for engined-up aircraft currently not present in WOFFue: a 150hp Fokker Dr.1, a late Albatros D.II 180hp, a Nieuport 25/27 165hp variant, a tuned up late Sopwith Tripe, a tweaked Nieu. 28, a tuned up Fokk. Eindecker IIa, a late Sopwith Pup, the rare Nieu. 23bis, a field mod of the Alb. D.I, and three variants of the SPAD 7 (150/180/220hp). Also included is a tweaked two-gun Tripe, Camel and Fokk. D.VII variants, as well as an Albatros D.III Oeffag variant, an improved Albatros D.Va 200hp, three subvariants of the SPAD 13 (200/220/235hp), and tweaked Nieuports 10, 11, and 16. Further included are tweaks for the Vickers-armed family of later Nieups., including the regular 17, the 17bis, the 23, the 24bis, the later 24, and the 27. As well, I'm pleased to include a Bristol Scout Type C, early and late versions of the Pfalz (D.III and IIIa), also a Siemens-Halske powered Fokker D.VI, a tuned up Fokker D.VIII, and improved Alb D.V and uprated D.V variants. And the 8Ba Hisso.-powered version of the Se5a is included too (best of the Scout Experimentals). Included in the latest, special edition package is an early Morane-Saulnier Parasol, a later variant too, as well as the tweaked Pfalz A.I and E.III variants. Please read the enclosed "Read Me" file for more info. on the FM tweaks. The FM tweaks are JSGME program enabled, for convenience. Simply move the aircraft folders that you will find into the MODS folder of your WOFF user directory, toggle on/off with the JSGME enabler, and go fly. A big thank you to all the WOFFue modders and the good folks at OBD Software for making such an enjoyable sim. Those who fly these 45 and similar models in First Eagles 2 will become comfortable quickly with the FM tweaks, since they are similar across both sims.

Von S :buba:

NOTE: Only load one of the SPAD 7 and SPAD 13 variants at a time via the JSGME enabler, since WOFFue only holds one SPAD 7 and 13 folder that can be modded. The same rule applies to the 110 and 130hp Camel variants, the Pfalz D.III and D.IIIa, as well as the early and later variants of the Morane Parasol. The Oeffag Albatros D.III replaces the standard mid-series Albatros D.III in WOFFue, while the 8Ba Hisso.-powered Se5a replaces the standard Se5a.

DISCLAIMER: All Von S mods, for FE2, SF2, also WOFFue/pe, are subject to the CombatAce "freeware" terms of agreement. Mods may be shared with others, included on other media devices, also modded further, providing that original documentation and/or credit is included, and providing that the mods remain free to use. Von S mods shall not be sold, resold, etc., and Von S takes no responsibility for injuries or fixations that may result from flying heavily tweaked FMs or from attempts to enjoy real flying without aid or instruction from a qualified flight instructor. :smile:

Version 2.0 (Aug. 22, 2018) expands the modded FMs to include a field mod. of the Alb. D.I, the late Sopwith Pup, the rare Nieu. 23bis, a tuned up Fokker Eindecker IIa, a tuned up Nieu. 28, and three variants of the SPAD 7 (150/180/220hp).

Happy flying,

Von S :smile:

• Thanks 1

Version 4.0 (Aug. 27, 2019) expands the modded FMs to include the Oeffag Albatros D.III variant, an improved Albatros D.Va 200hp, three subvariants of the SPAD 13 (200/220/235hp), and tweaked Nieuports 10, 11, and 16.

Happy flying,

• Like 1

Feb. 20, 2020: Version 4.0.1 - deleted useless "DS_store" files from package that were being generated on the OS X side of the Mac Pro. Simply a cosmetic tweak.

Edited by VonS

Apr. 21, 2020: Version 5.0 - Includes tweaks for the Vickers-armed family of later Nieups., including the regular 17, the 17bis, the 23, the 24bis, the later 24, and the 27. As well, I'm pleased to include a Bristol Scout Type C, early and late versions of the Pfalz (D.III and IIIa), also a Siemens-Halske powered Fokker D.VI, a tuned up Fokker D.VIII, and improved Alb. D.V and uprated D.V variants. The 8Ba Hisso.-powered version of the Se5a is included too (best of the Scout Experimentals).

Happy flying all,
Von S :buba:

Edited by VonS
Modified info.
  • Thanks 1

May 27, 2020: Version 6.0 "Special Edition," The Parasol Package - Includes an early and late M-S Type L Parasol (load only one at a time), as well as a modified Pfalz A.I two-seater and a modification of the Pfalz E.III. Please see the "Read Me" file included in the package for more info. on these types.

(An alternate link/attachment of the latest ver. 6.0 FM update pack is included here under this post, for the convenience of WOFFers who only have a SimHQ account but are not on CombatAce.)

Happy flying,
Von S :smile:

VonS_FMtweaks_ver6_WOFFuepe.zip

Edited by VonS
Added ver. 6.0 FM update pack as attachment to this post, for convenience of SimHQ WOFFers, and since it's only a couple of MB in size anyway.
  • Thanks 1

Dec. 4, 2020: Version 6.5 Addon, Dr.1 Variants - Includes the early Dr.1 used from about Sept. to Nov. of '17, and a tuned FM modification of the stock Dr.1 in WOFFue/pe to more effectively represent the Dr.1 "gaskammer" variant used from about Dec. of '17 to March/April of '18. (Will eventually roll this into a final, ver. 7.0 of the FM pack for WOFF - but have released it as a separate download for now, here on CombatAce.) To install, download and unzip folder, and place the two Dr.1 folders located inside the main folder into the MODS folder for WOFF (load up with JSGME and fly). Load only one Dr.1 variant since WOFF only supports one FM at a time for the Dreidecker. Same rule applies for the 150 hp Dr.1 already included in ver. 6.0 of the FM pack.

Happy flying,

Von S :buba:

VonS_FMtweaksAddon_Ver65_WOFFuepe.zip

Quick mission/scenario included in attachment below, for RAF_Louvert's Italy mod. for WOFF (more instructions available here: https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4547783/re-the-italian-front-update-wip-mod-now-available#Post4547783).

AA_ITALY_TEST_G2.zip

Edited by VonS
Added quick scenario/mission for RAF_Louvert's Italy mod. for WOFF.
  • Like 1

Those who enjoy reading WW1 aerial reports and other (mis)-adventures from that period might be interested in checking over Lady Harbury's Burlesque Studio - A Novel.

It's a bit of an eccentric, but entertaining, novel inspired by some campaign episodes in the wonderfully immersive WW1 flight simulator by OBD Software, Wings Over Flanders Fields, and written in the style of the 1910s. The novel runs to about 330 pages in length and is in pdf/eBook format for convenient reading. It is pegged at 5 USD, even less than the typical price of a good, old-fashioned paperback in the 1970s and 80s.

Link:

http://ladyharbury.kissr.com/

Happy flying (and reading),

Von S. :buba:

Edited by VonS
Edited post.
  • Like 1

Brief update to this thread. Fellow WOFFers and WOTRers may now download the WOFF GPU Tuner Patch (for the Platinum Ed. of WOFF/BH&H2-compatible), also the WOTR GPU Tuner Patch (for Phase One of WOTR), and the small FM tweaks package for WOTR (that includes the MK.II variants of the Hurricane and Spitfire, also the E7n variant of the Bf-109) - below. "Read Me" files are included in the zipped packages. All three packages are JSGME-friendly.

WOFF (Platinum Ed./BH&H2-compatible) GPU Tuner Patch

VonS_WOFFgpuTunerPatchFolderInside.zip

WOTR (Phase One) GPU Tuner Patch

VonS_WOTRgpuTunerPatchFolderInside.zip

WOTR (Phase One) FM Tweaks Ver. 1.0

WOTR_VonS_FMtweaks_ver1.0.zip

Performance tips/info. on the stock Hurricane and Spitfire, MK.I, available at the following links:

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4501461/re-ai-have-better-engines#Post4501461

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4501695/re-ai-have-better-engines#Post4501695

For the FM Tweaks Packages Ver. 6.0 and Addon Ver. 6.5 for WOFF (Ultimate and Platinum Eds.), please see the relevant posts above in this thread. For other WOFF UE/PE (and BH&H2)-related mods., including the FM Upgrade Package for BH&H2, please see the next several posts below.

Happy flying,

Edited by VonS
Edited post.
  • Thanks 1

One more update to this hopefully convenient thread for all.

Please find included, below the pics. that follow, a zipped package that contains my ReShade "presets" files for WOFFue/pe and also WOTR (phase one). As well look over the included "Read Me" file for more specific info. and directions. The presets are imitations of the SweetFX modifications that I run in FrankenWOFF 4.18 (a backport of PE textures/aircraft into WOFF ver. 4.18). The ReShade presets give the highest-possible FPS variant that I could come up with via ReShade, but that still imitate the look of my 4.18 install.

IMPORTANT INFO.: The initial download included JSGME-friendly packages, but I have instead now provided only my preset files, since it is easy enough to install ReShade and the necessary filters mentioned in the included "Read Me."

Happy flying,

FrankenWOFF 4.18 Scene With Subtle Bloom, etc. (SweetFX 1.5.1 Bucksnort Modified Mod.)

FrankenWOFF1.thumb.jpg.28e70e64bcddc3a965c6bc9529c5ebe5.jpg

FrankenWOFF 4.18 Scene with Bloom Imitation, etc., also AMD-vid. Friendly, and Possibly Compatible with BH&H 2 (ReShade 4.9.1)

FrankenShade.thumb.jpg.02790ebf3d922f6b4bab85185d6e0584.jpg

WOFFWOTRshadersVonS.zip

Edited by VonS
Uploaded ReShade presets instead of JSGME-friendly packages.

FrankenBHAH Enhancement Package (link to package located below pic.; for the relevant ReShade preset file, also the WOTR preset file that works well in WOFF BH&H 2, see the link in the post above this one; more info. regarding the enhancement package may be found in the included "Read Me" file, etc.)

In short, the "FrankenBHAH Enhancement Package" contains several tweaks to shader files, to improve in-cockpit and glass reflections, and scenery lighting. Also interspersed in relevant folders of the package are files that constitute my FrankenMiniTuner - the MiniTuner was initially tested in FrankenWOFF 4.18 (a backport of PE textures/aircraft into WOFF UE 4.18) - and provides a subtle improvement in texture quality over my WOFF GPU TUNER for the PE addon, while at the same time maintaining improved FPS and eliminating blue triangles in the terrain when flying at lower alts.

This enhancement package is fully compatible with and recommended for WOFF BH&H 2, particularly if running BH&H 2 on Macs and/or computers with AMD-vid. cards. It is JSGME-friendly, as are all of my modification packs for the WOFF/WOTR series of sims.

Cheers all,

FrankenBHAH1.thumb.jpg.5b7de96c8e9dac0f4f9e88e6267b9684.jpg

FrankenBHAHenhancementPackageVonS.zip

Edited by VonS
Added info. to post.

Different winds/turbulence simulation.xml files (JSGME-friendly) available for WOFF UE/PE, at the link below the included pic. These simulation.xml files provide different winds and turbulence settings that work in conjunction with similar settings available in JJJ's MultiMod for WOFF. Set choices first in the MultiMod, before loading the relevant, complementary simulation.xml file, via JSGME - for all effects to be implemented properly. The relevant simulation.xml files provide several other tweaks too, including greater chance of random engine failure, greater chance of flamers, more varied gradations of AI (particularly for veteran and novice AI, etc.). Detailed info. and installation instructions are included in the "Read Me" document that is in the package.

Happy flying,

01.thumb.jpg.3b83dd34cd8503a9f591a76118095357.jpg

WOFFuepe_TweakedSimulationFilesVer1.0_VonS.zip

Wow, super VonS. Looking forward to trying this (after I finish my cloud mod revisions).

• Thanks 1

FM Upgrade Package for WOFF BH&H2 located at the link below the included pic. The package upgrades the 50 or so FM-tweaked aircraft from my previous FM package (ver. 6.5), for WOFF UE/PE - for BH&H2 compatibility. See the included "Read Me" file for more details and thorough install info. Those who still fly, or also have installed, the UE/PE vers. of WOFF - are recommended instead to download the older ver. FM packages located a few posts above this one, in this thread.

Cheers all and happy flying,

61651639446db_VonSfmPackageBHH2.thumb.jpg.f8b14c562b624890eaab677fe9cf2d5c.jpg

FMtweaksBHAH2ver1.0_VonS.zip

• Like 2

A good reason to buy BHAH

(additionnally to the fact I have now 32 GB of RAM instead of 8)

• Thanks 1