I know I've seen the answer somewhere but I couldn't find the thread. Anyways, can I "add" instant action mission to a mod?

do you mean "edit the instant action ini" to fit a certain era or theatre?

if so, the answer is yes. Very easy to do. It's a simple text edit. You can even leave the terrain listed as one of the stock ones (say, use the Desert for anything Mid East or North Africa and so forth)

• Like 1

amariani,

I don't know if this is what you mean by "'add' instant action mission to a mod?" but it's what taught me to 'change' the planes, etc., in instant action.  Good luck.

Mostly off-topic... but I remember enjoying instant action on the original SFP1 Wallmart release over and over. I had an F-4E with an SEA Shark-mouth paint scheme with a full air-to-air loadout and a sky full of commies in front of me. It flew and played so much better than Jane's USAF and looked so much better than Jane's Fighters Anthology. It was the start of many years of fun.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wrench said:

do you mean "edit the instant action ini" to fit a certain era or theatre?

if so, the answer is yes. Very easy to do. It's a simple text edit. You can even leave the terrain listed as one of the stock ones (say, use the Desert for anything Mid East or North Africa and so forth)

Yup, WWII mods.

img00224.JPG