Sign in to follow this  
Durasoul

Kamchatka terrain spiritual sightings?

Hi there,

In one occasion I was en route to a target area named like XYZ Temple (yeah, me too. sounds nonsense right) in Kamchatka terrain mod by Baltika and updated by Wrench (further with Stary's detail 250m mesh...) When I was closing in at the target, there was an unexpected EW Radar installation and all a sudden, jumped by the sightings... see the image below

img00006.thumb.JPG.cb8175cad7e60c49778824df0ce91a1d.JPG

Is that one of the easter eggs for the terrain and if that's true, is there any background info./ local tradition things related to it ??

• Like 2

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Human, you should be on you knees worshiping The Great One; praying he ends you swiftly

That is not dead which can eternal lie, 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

=======================

Dan added that in the original release.  

It's incorrectly placed, as everyone know R'lyeh is a the bottom of the Pacific, untouchable by Man.

(longtime Lovecraft reader, longtime (but retired) Call of Cthulhu RPG player -- I've some knowledge of The Great Old Ones)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By VonBeerhofen
      No more repetitive borders or center tiles and more different villages. With this randomization all village and city tiles can be used at will where ever in the game  in any possible rotational state, and it's a lot less mapping work. I already showed the idea some time ago but not with the Harvest City Set. There is still some work to be done to narrow some borders and create the right impression I'm after but I think it's slowly getting there.
      Here's a few screen shots, as an experiment a few village tiles were replaced with breaker field tiles and two different city/village layouts were tried, which means that the randomization for each layout is entirely different while the cities and village sizes and positions weren't changed. 

You heard it first on combatace.com
      VonBeerhofen
    • By VonBeerhofen
      Here's a compilation of the 12 latest tiles for the 'Harvest' set. I created a temporary map where all other tiles were removed from and randomly filled the EAW world with these 12 tiles only. 12 screen shots were taken of which 6 are displayed now. The remaining 6 will replace these pictures at a later date as I may not have captured all 12 tiles in these screenies and to safe on page loading times .

VonBeerhofen
    • By orsin

View File Crash fix for Kamchatka 250m version with adjusted tileset
      This is a bug fix for the random crashing issue of the Kamchatka 250m tile set update released by Stary in below link
      Kamchatka 250m version with adjusted tileset etc - Thirdwire: Strike Fighters 2 Series - File Announcements - CombatACE

If you are using the original Kamchatka 2.0 terrain released by Baltika, this is not applicable and you should avoid using it.

Beautiful landscape tile. However it crashes randomly when flying in certain area or dropping bombs to airfields. The key issue is some incorrect file assignment in DATA.ini and how SF2 handles files in different season folders.
      It took me a long time to figure out. Hopefully this can help you as well. 

Installation:
      1. Before everything, backup your KAMCHATKA_DATA.INI in your terrains folder. In case this breaks something else you have modded.
      2. Extract the file contents and overwrite file if asked to terrains/KAMCHATKA folder

Submitter orsin Submitted 08/27/2023 Category Full Terrains  
    • By orsin
      This is a bug fix for the random crashing issue of the Kamchatka 250m tile set update released by Stary in below link
      Kamchatka 250m version with adjusted tileset etc - Thirdwire: Strike Fighters 2 Series - File Announcements - CombatACE

If you are using the original Kamchatka 2.0 terrain released by Baltika, this is not applicable and you should avoid using it.

Beautiful landscape tile. However it crashes randomly when flying in certain area or dropping bombs to airfields. The key issue is some incorrect file assignment in DATA.ini and how SF2 handles files in different season folders.
      It took me a long time to figure out. Hopefully this can help you as well. 

Installation:
      1. Before everything, backup your KAMCHATKA_DATA.INI in your terrains folder. In case this breaks something else you have modded.
      2. Extract the file contents and overwrite file if asked to terrains/KAMCHATKA folder

• By VonBeerhofen
      Regularly my terrain editor comes across this coastal situation for which the standard EAW tile set has no solution. It concerns a narrow passage between two land masses. Ofcourse you can simply widen the passage and use two corner tiles but I think this is sometimes more elegant when there's a large number of this situation, like for instance with a large number of islands close together. I think it serves a few more purposes so here's an example of the tile I use in 2 rotational states.

VonBeerhofen

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..