Sign in to follow this  
Arrow

Requirements for Nato Fighters 5?

I saw in the SF2 file download section, that NF5 has a requirement of SF2 Euro, SF2 Israel, SF2 Exp1 and SF2 Exp2. I was under the impression that like NF4 for the SF 1 series, the only requirement for the series 2 equivalent was SF2 Euro?  I don't plan on getting SF2 Israel and Exp1 for some time and will likely never buy Exp2.

So my question is; is it possible to use NF5 with a reduced feature set (i.e. less available aircraft) with a bit of file editing/modding if you only have SF2 Euro installed?

Edited by Arrow

9 hours ago, Arrow said:

I saw in the SF2 file download section, that NF5 has a requirement of SF2 Euro, SF2 Israel, SF2 Exp1 and SF2 Exp2. I was under the impression that like NF4 for the SF 1 series, the only requirement for the series 2 equivalent was SF2 Euro?  I don't plan on getting SF2 Israel and Exp1 for some time and will likely never buy Exp2.

So my question is; is it possible to use NF5 with a reduced feature set (i.e. less available aircraft) with a bit of file editing/modding if you only have SF2 Euro installed?

Sure thing, you can. The other games are needed because they provide important aircraft for the early campaigns of 1953 and 1956. However, NF5 also comes with optional aircraft in case you don't have a DLC or a third-party aircraft. Sometimes, campaigns can also resort to use another aircraft type if the original one is not found, by using the statement AlternateType, IIRC.

Edited by Menrva

Thanks for the reply Menrva. That's good to know and nice that support for alternates was added to SF.  I can't recall; were AlternateTypes there for the WoX series?

Edited by Arrow

38 minutes ago, Arrow said:

I can't recall; were AlternateTypes there for the WoX series?

Not that I remember. SF2 added lots of small features like this one.