I have tried to make the tga file for Eiffel tower but I keep getting this:stars:  can some one take a look at my tga file :please:

img00005.JPG

Eiffel.rar

• Like 1

1st, remove all white from the tga, then save as an 32bit tga file

• Like 1

Your tga seems to be fine. It works perfectly as a decal on a plane - only the tower is visible.

Pure guesswork here: Maybe tgas (or transperency of tgas) do not work as texture-file on a 3d-model?

Edited by Nyghtfall
  • Like 1

to specify the above question a little more,  is the model a solid model with the latticework painted on or a lattice work with a lot of open space? (the pic leads me to believe solid model) no format will extend past teh physical model (jpeg, bmp or tga)

30 second observation of the pic: cut the material out of the arches and the trapezoids in the middle out, then redo the white portions as a darker bluish gray.  that should save the time of cutting out alll the space between every brace, but provide an illusion of transparency.

finally, give yourself a pixel or two of space between the top and bottom edges. it will cause the decal to bleed out to the edges of the node. i use this fact intentionally when putting stripes on planes (airliners are big and most of the time the tga doesnt go all the way to the back end of the plane. the bleeding extends it past where it should end) but in your case like most others its a pain.cut your tower, paste it and shrink it to 98 or 99%. that should give you the space you need

• Like 1

depends on material settings in 3max (transparency) Also on TGA format. Not all tga formats are supported by game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daddyairplanes said:

to specify the above question a little more,  is the model a solid model with the latticework painted on or a lattice work with a lot of open space? (the pic leads me to believe solid model) no format will extend past teh physical model (jpeg, bmp or tga)

30 second observation of the pic: cut the material out of the arches and the trapezoids in the middle out, then redo the white portions as a darker bluish gray.  that should save the time of cutting out alll the space between every brace, but provide an illusion of transparency.

finally, give yourself a pixel or two of space between the top and bottom edges. it will cause the decal to bleed out to the edges of the node. i use this fact intentionally when putting stripes on planes (airliners are big and most of the time the tga doesnt go all the way to the back end of the plane. the bleeding extends it past where it should end) but in your case like most others its a pain.cut your tower, paste it and shrink it to 98 or 99%. that should give you the space you need

Yes the model is solid one I try to make it a simple as I can, as the tower is time consuming to make. i will take your advice into consideration.:ok:

Thank you all for your replay and help.:drinks:

If you will make it as a simple shape object with tga it will not cast shadows. 

I would make it as a solid frame then space between main construction 'fill' with simple planes with braces painted on tga. 

• Like 1

yakarov, are you saying something like this visual (was working it up evidently while you were posting)

eiffel11.thumb.jpg.21ac87eb5b38103ddf8efdd85b3714c3.jpg

the red areas were what i was suggesting cutting, while the white areas are what i was sugessting a bluish gray for. the yellow is to highlight the shrink and space between the tower and edge of image

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

yakarov, are you saying something like this visual (was working it up evidently while you were posting)

eiffel11.thumb.jpg.21ac87eb5b38103ddf8efdd85b3714c3.jpg

the red areas were what i was suggesting cutting, while the white areas are what i was sugessting a bluish gray for. the yellow is to highlight the shrink and space between the tower and edge of image