Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

1 mesh, 2 animations??

I know I've seen this somewhere .. one mesh have 2 animations. So, how is it done?

The reason for asking is, one of the aircraft we're working on now uses the forward main gear doors as airbrakes.  When the gear is cycled up, the door (as usual) sit flush with the fuselage. When we operate the airbrakes, you hear the nose, but the "doors" don't move.

The question is: 

can one of you remaining MAX guru's give us some pointers on how to do this? It sure would be nice to have these work like on the real aircraft!

thanks in advance!

you need to do 2 animations.

you need to do another 'fake' node (im usually doing some small poly that can't be seen ) should be parent mesh with same pivot points as gear doors. - animate it for airbrakes. example animation 2

gear doors - select and link to those new parent meshes...set animation ex.3

never mind how it looks in 3d max  but in game, engine will use animation 2 for airbrakes and 3 for gears.

if you need a visual example let me know...

in my HH-53 cargo bay door is animated that way

although i'm not guru...:wink:

Edited by yakarov79
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

thanks! (yes YOU are a guru! you can work in MAX, and I can't!!!)

on further examination, and closely observing the gear movements, it seem those AREN'T main gear doors after all! I'll let Veltro know, and he can reassign the meshes to the airbrakes, and add the animation

11 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

although i'm not guru...:wink:

Tell me that whan I'm flying your choppers mate!! 

• Like 2

Yes, you are gurus of the max because what you do, those of us who do not know, we enjoy your planes and helicopters thanks to you. A big hug to all the modders.

• Like 2