Sign in to follow this  
FatBoy

X45 to X52

Hi there!

I've been using for quite a long time now the Saitek X45 in my flights and I'm really happy with it.

I've been reading lately about the X52.

Do any of you have it? Is it really worth to upgrade from the X45 to the X52?

--

FatBoy

If you are happy with the X45 why change?

I was wondering if there are any new functionalities in the X52...

Yeah, I know, "If it works, don't touch it...", but why don't try to make better something that's already good?

:biggrin:

--

FatBoy

I think the only real difference between the two is the looks. So if you want to spend $120 for a cool little LCD screen, sure, go ahead. Otherwise, probably not worth it :)

I think the only real difference between the two is the looks.

No, there's a lot more to it than that.

Still say that if the X-45 meets your current needs wait until it breaks or you need additional functionality before changing it though.

No, there's a lot more to it than that.

Still say that if the X-45 meets your current needs wait until it breaks or you need additional functionality before changing it though.

I stand corrected. But I think we both come to the same conclusion, no, it's not worth it :)

Just got the X52... By far the most impressive, responsive feature packed controller I have ever had the joy of owning!

Thanks for the opinions guys...

I'll investigate a little further in the functional side... If it offers more than the X45 (more than just the little LCD screen) then it's, definitely, worth it...

Thanks again.

--

FatBoy

While I'll drop in my 2c. I went from an X45 to a X52 due to the cables and connections getting wonky on the 45,and the lack of bucks for a Cougar. Functionally speaking,the 52 is a bit looser feeling in the stick and of course the rudder axis is on the stick now. It does use Hall sensors so no more spiky pots,but I never had a prob. with the 45.

Software wise the profiler is a little bit clearer,and the"clutch" button is a nice feature to be able to check which button does what during use.(Although I did crash X2 The Threat once by screwing around with it too much :wacko: )

All in all a good stick,but make sure you get a higher serial number to avoid some probs. with the EPROM (Calibration Errors) in the earlier editions. Also, the virtual mouse still DOES NOT WORK and will need to be disabled in device manager. Saitek is supposedly working on new drivers,but given their history (Remember XP Driver delay?) I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

In closing it's a very good INEXPENSIVE hotas,but it won't hold a candle to CH or Cougar.

Thanks for your feedback Flappy.

After reviewing, I'll follow the advice from PG_Raptor and Buff and stay with my X45 for now... Until I get a REAL limitation that makes me "upgrade"...

Thank you all! :victory:

--

FatBoy

No Prob.

It isn't a "bad" stick but it doesn't add much in functionality,and quite frankly if your 45 still works well it isn't worth the cost.

.................plus I miss my rocker switch.............. :sad: