Been trying to fly the 1977 Libyan-Egyptian scalation war available here, but no matter what I do, If I succes or fail, the campaign ends, sometimes I won, sometimes I lose, but is simply one mission. Is possible to get more missions?

cOMukoG.jpg

The campaign is available here: 

try checking the campaign_data.ini for the max mission stat, is it set to more than 1?

[CampaignData]
StartDate=09/19/1979
StartDateDeviation=0
EndDate=09/24/1979
ForceWithInitiative=2
NavalCampaign=TRUE
SurpriseAttack=FALSE
MaxMissions=20

The same thing is happening to me on the Burning Sands Campaign with the Desert V4.0 map.

If i play with the regular map (Desert), i made up to a max mission number of 25.

But with the Desert V4.0 terrain, i rarely do more then 4 and often only 1 (win or loss).

As i see on your screen, you are MIA, so normal that campaign is over :) Do this happens also when you survive?

9 hours ago, tonyspike said:

try checking the campaign_data.ini for the max mission stat, is it set to more than 1?

[CampaignData]
StartDate=09/19/1979
StartDateDeviation=0
EndDate=09/24/1979
ForceWithInitiative=2
NavalCampaign=TRUE
SurpriseAttack=FALSE
MaxMissions=20

It says 30, and yes, it happens even If I win and survive.

I survived AND landed on latest try, and the moment I got a second mission, so maybe it was my fault on my end. Will keep checking.

i was going to suggest checking the start and end dates for the campaign if it still dosnt work

My 2cents.

A campaign is finished if the campaigns target is achieved. That means, that the enemy or the friendly BaseArea is captured by the other side.

If there is a mismatch between the campaign and the terrain map in the kind, that the BaseArea is not a target area, then the game engine decides, that the campaign is over.

I would check, wheter there is a target area in the map with the same name as the BaseArea in the campaign.

• Like 1

actually i suppose i should ask this, .....whats the benefit for even having a South Vietnam terrain?

cant you just add a ground war to the current campaigns?

6 hours ago, tonyspike said:

actually i suppose i should ask this, .....whats the benefit for even having a South Vietnam terrain?

cant you just add a ground war to the current campaigns?

It was so that campaigns could be created and tailored to best reflect the actual conflict, and allow aircraft like A-1E/H/J and F-100 to have a somewhat reasonable campaign.

North Vietnam for Rolling Thunder and Linebacker campaigns, with strike aircraft hitting North Vietnamese targets in high threat areas. And South Vietnam for CAS and interdictions supporting the ground war.

During to limitations of the campaign engine, you cannot achieve both on the same map.

Edited by malibu43

but still, surly having a few ground squads in linebacker shouldn't hurt should it, it often feels like their isnt a war going on at times

Edited by tonyspike

not in the north there wasn't

11 hours ago, tonyspike said:

but still, surly having a few ground squads in linebacker shouldn't hurt should it, it often feels like their isnt a war going on at times

Like Wrench said, wouldn't be historically accurate.

But on top of that, having an active ground war in a linebacker campaign would completely screw up the campaign, due to the way the campaign engine works. Trust me.

30 minutes ago, malibu43 said:

Like Wrench said, wouldn't be historically accurate.

But on top of that, having an active ground war in a linebacker campaign would completely screw up the campaign, due to the way the campaign engine works. Trust me.

yeah im just gonna stop you their,

not really knowledgeable on how historically accurate campaigns are so how bad we talking here ..i know nothing about the engine

but honestly i dont care i just play them for the fun ......dont get me wrong im a history buff (especially interested in Vietnam) but i dont intend on losing my mind my OCD is bad enough as it is,  ......... case in point i currently have a version of rolling thunder where im flying an RAF D.H. Vampire 5 ...cos reasons

its more a case for me of is adding a few VietCong squads to my fantasy Rolling Thunder (i know that i said linebacker earlier but i was busy activating naval groups on it so i had it on my mind) is it gonna screw with it to the point i will personally notice any difference ....because i dont want to mess it up completley but if their is leeway ...even throwing HS out of the window im not above taking it for the sake of having some activity down their

7 hours ago, tonyspike said:

yeah im just gonna stop you their,

not really knowledgeable on how historically accurate campaigns are so how bad we talking here ..i know nothing about the engine

but honestly i dont care i just play them for the fun ......dont get me wrong im a history buff (especially interested in Vietnam) but i dont intend on losing my mind my OCD is bad enough as it is,  ......... case in point i currently have a version of rolling thunder where im flying an RAF D.H. Vampire 5 ...cos reasons

its more a case for me of is adding a few VietCong squads to my fantasy Rolling Thunder (i know that i said linebacker earlier but i was busy activating naval groups on it so i had it on my mind) is it gonna screw with it to the point i will personally notice any difference ....because i dont want to mess it up completley but if their is leeway ...even throwing HS out of the window im not above taking it for the sake of having some activity down their

Your original question was why there are two maps. Hence we brought up historical accuracy, which was the purpose of the mod that has a North and South terrain.

I enjoy fictional campaigns as well. The first one I modded for WoV was a LBIII set in the 90s.

Creating a functioning ground war in SF2 is complex and involves a lot of time and trial and error. You'll have to add strategic nodes and ground units to the campaign file, and they'll need to utilize target areas in the map the campaign is set in (N Vietnam in your case).

You can look at the stock SF2E campaigns to get an idea for how to set up a ground war and strategic modes. You can also look at Steel Tiger and Easter Offensive out of the SF2V AGXP.

Edited by malibu43
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, malibu43 said:

Your original question was why there are two maps

yes but your reply was that wrench had said it wouldn't be historically accurate ...so im just saying ..not really a bother to me i have separate campaigns set up for that 

5 hours ago, malibu43 said:

creating a functioning ground war in SF2 is complex and involves a lot of time and trial and error. You'll have to add strategic nodes and ground units to the campaign file, and they'll need to utilize target areas in the map the campaign is set in (N Vietnam in your case).

You can look at the stock SF2E campaigns to get an idea for how to set up a ground war and strategic modes. You can also look at Steel Tiger and Easter Offensive out of the SF2V AGXP.

well i already added a few new strategic nodes and targets, i mean im not talking full scale ground war here, im just talking  a few north Vietnamese peasants and VietCong firing their pea shooters at me as i fly over, and may be a NVA squad or two for the AI hueys to attack as if they are supporting US ground troops in the area

nothing that i would call major .....just things i think should be going on along the front to .....give immersion shall we say

i often feel like south vietnam should not be 100% safe territory and that the only thing the NVA ground units are firing at across the border .... is me, and whilst i do want this to happen (wouldn't want to make things too easy) it would also be nice if they had a distraction sometimes is all

Edited by tonyspike