Gents, does anybody has a workable Me-163_DATA.ini updated for SFP2 series? The fuel consuption is the real problem. Is there a way to make the rocket smoke visible on the ground? The smoke should be thick, long and almost white. Please help me.

Fubar has/had been reworking it several (5-6) years ago. Fixing issues like the fuel consuption, landing gear/skid issues and FM stats.  But he never finished it.

I'll give him a poke, and see what's up with it

• Like 1

I didn't remember this mod... this morning I wanted to test it but my SF2 crashed when I launch the mission !  :stars:

Edit: ASAP I try the J8M1 data file (with the usual SF2 adaptations) from Kevin.

Edited by Coupi

With the J8M data the fuel consuption looks better. I have no luck with the smoke plume. Tried some smoke emmiters and afterburner combinations with no success. Not my strongest point.

be advised, I didn't change a whole lot when it was released a million year ago

I notice Wrench. It' such a pity that the model has not been updated yet, because it looks so perfect. One of the best models from the old days. Coupi sent me a new data for test, but I'm still have some problems with rocket smoke.

Wilches,  I used a crude work-around for the Me-163 rocket smoke. I have an 'AIRSHOWESMOKE' effects file (not sure if this is stock TW or where I downloaded it from). Within this file are 6 different [white] smoke emitters. Right now I'm experimenting with the Me-163_ DATA.ini. 

AfterburnerEmitterName=AirshowSmoke3

AfterburnerEffectSize=0.50

MinExtentPosition= whatever works best (still playing with settings)

MaxExtentPosition= whatever works best (still playing with settings)

While these smoke EFFECTs are not ideal, they are an interesting starting point to experiment with.

I talked to Fubar, and he's going to look for it. Can't remember where he put (happens with us old folks!! :biggrin: ) Be paitent, and with luck we'll have it

Coupi has a paralel working wich is very promissing. Tomorrow I'll try both tweaks.

• Like 1

After a long trial and error game I´ve done a quite acceptable smoke. My regret is not to cope the withe smoke I needed. Check it out:

img00056.JPG

img00057.JPG

img00058.JPG

• Like 1

I used the Coupi´s new DATA with correct hitboxes. Will be released along with this new skin after his approval.

46 minutes ago, Wilches said:

I used the Coupi´s new DATA with correct hitboxes. Will be released along with this new skin after his approval.

The several files I've modified are not mine ! I've picked and reused them here and there from my different SF2 installations... for test only. :salute:

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 1

Well, everything said, I'll pack it up and send for download sooner.