Sign in to follow this  

I need some advice, i had a bad hardware failure and managed to recover so far. 
Win 10 is a clean new install, but i had lost the folders in the win7 user folder.

How can i reactivate the old Sf2 game on a seperate partition in a new clean win10 install, without a full reinstall of the game?

You can do a clean install of all SF2 games to a directory you want, start them once after that to let them create the files in the user-folder. Then change the options.ini to your needs. All other stuff (except versions.ini) in the users-dir can be deleted then.

Then copy your modded stuff then to the directory you named in the options.ini.

Edited by Nyghtfall

Would it be enough to install just SF2 without going through the installation of all the other content? 

Or is it saved somewhere else? And i just need the folders at C:?

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

I don't know if SF2 alone is enough - trial and error here I guess. I just reinstall all games, delete the clean stuff in the directories and copy the old modded stuff in those directories.

You only need options.ini and versions.ini in the users-directory at c:, everything else therein can be deleted, if you move the mod-folder to another location.