(Skip to 18:20 to get to the real meat and potatoes)  Heatblur just opened up the F-14 for pre-order.  The aircraft is supposed to release for early access Winter 2018.  Based on all previous modules following the Mirage 2000, the pre-order version will probably NOT be compatible with the Steam version of DCS, so bear that in mind.  It would be interesting to see if the early access release comes out 21 December, since that would be the 48th anniversary of the first flight of the Tomcat.

• Like 2

Awesome addition! It seems we will have Turkey for Christmas :-)

Caesar you can be my wingman anytime. 

I haven't fapped so hard to a plane like this in years... 

Tell me about it... I've been waiting for this since the first iteration of LOMAC

Time to start building a new rig :airplane:

I already have one on the way....this one cost me $4200. Cant wait to see how DCS runs on it. 

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lumos
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X (8-Core) (Boost Up to 4.0 GHz)
Motherboard: MSI X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (Wi-Fi) (AMD X399 Chipset) (Up to 4x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz G.SKILL TridentZ (RGB Light Bar)
Power Supply: 750W Corsair RM750x (Fully Modular)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (250GB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)

Storage Set 3: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO) <-------------------------For flight simming only. 
Internet Access: Wired PCI-E ASUS XG-C100C (10 GbE) (1x RJ45 Connector)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB (Performance Edition) (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair HD Series (RGB Fans)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)

My rig is ready. And my plane too. F-14 vs Viggen Dogfights coming right up :D

4 hours ago, Dave said:

Caesar you can be my wingman anytime. 

I haven't fapped so hard to a plane like this in years... 

Bullshit, you can be mine!  (HARRRR)  I just reinstalled my stand-alone copy of DCS (only 8 installs left!) to support the Tomcat due to the Steam incompatibility issue and ran a bunch of updates.  Kind of miffed that the two versions are incompatible - on Steam I have the F-5 and Flaming Cliffs, while on Stand Alone I have the A-10 and will have (God willing) the Tomcat.  I also noticed in the recommended settings on Heatblur for the F-14 module 32GB of RAM for "heavy missions" (which I'm guessing include RSR-style fleet defense missions like the one they showed in their reveal video) - I finally have an excuse for having as much in my machine!  Will also see how the 1080Ti deals with it in 4K.  Now if I could only get an Oculus that doesn't require me to wear my glasses...I wonder if my mask inserts would fit?

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

Bullshit, you can be mine!  (HARRRR)  I just reinstalled my stand-alone copy of DCS (only 8 installs left!) to support the Tomcat due to the Steam incompatibility issue and ran a bunch of updates.  Kind of miffed that the two versions are incompatible - on Steam I have the F-5 and Flaming Cliffs, while on Stand Alone I have the A-10 and will have (God willing) the Tomcat.  I also noticed in the recommended settings on Heatblur for the F-14 module 32GB of RAM for "heavy missions" (which I'm guessing include RSR-style fleet defense missions like the one they showed in their reveal video) - I finally have an excuse for having as much in my machine!  Will also see how the 1080Ti deals with it in 4K.  Now if I could only get an Oculus that doesn't require me to wear my glasses...I wonder if my mask inserts would fit?

I kind of figured 32GB ram was a given, if for no other reason than attempting to future proof the machine. My current rig was built to get me through Uni... I graduated 5 years ago and it's only just begging to show its age :smile:

Edited by fallenphoenix1986

Yeah I future proofed the hell out of mine 

Caesar my suggestion is get them all as non steam. Even if you have to buy them again because all you're going to do is give yourself a coronary on hoping if they even become Steam compatible. 

I just snagged a used GTX 1080 from ebay in anticipation of this bird, upgraded from a GTX 1060. She is running pretty decent now, not that I had any major issues with DCS before other than view distance and shadows killing frames. My major issue has been HDD space. I still have old windows files on one HDD (and 10 is funny about me completely removing an entire old install). Out of sata connectors and I have moved everything I can over to my externals. I know once the F-14 comes, I will probably push the video editing section of my install into overdrive :lol:

Edited by ironroad