Open Club  ·  12 members

Sign in to follow this  
VonBeerhofen

new impact animations

With the reorganisation of the sprite table I was able to introduce 4 new animations when bullet hits objects. The animation takes calibre and object armour into acount for the animation selection.
These animations may also be randomly used elswhere, for instance in explosions or as debris flying off planes or objects. Other animations have also been activated to mix randomly with the selections.

VonBeerhofen

Impact1.jpg

Impact2.jpg

Here's an impression of what EAWPRO's new effects look like. Many new animations were added and most animations are now twice as long (16 frames) in 4 times higher resolution ( 4096 pixels) and played at twice the speed as in stock v1.2. Besides that effects are randomly combined to allow hundreds of different mixes instead of just the same repetitive animations from v1.2.

Obviously rendering this stuff comes at the cost of framerates, which is why most routines dealing with animations were highly optimised to run much faster. What you see here is the result of a bombing attack by B17's and watching the event devellop on my ancient 1.6Ghz PIV with a 64MB gForce2 showed only a neglectable drop in FPS when the event was visible on screen.

FX0B.jpg

Edited by VonBeerhofen
  • Like 1

Sure hate to be where those bombs are landing

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MarkEAW
      Okay here's the first release of it.
      I forgot to mention in the readme that its hooked for direct input and has a virtual joystick.
      That will allow you to configure the game flight controls to keyboard and cam to mouse.
      (I don't think the virtual Joystick if selected in game will work) Its best to stay with keyboard until you get a physical joystick.

EAWPRO DXWnd Profile
      https://www.mediafire.com/file/sia0o8hby2r44tm/EAWPRO10_(Basic)-DXWnd.zip/file

For this Wrapper Program
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/

• By PJB
      requesting any effects mods expert to please make some realistic effects of aircraft explosion fire flares countermeassure and flames effects for strike fighters 2 that can be compared to dcs world or war thunder !! i have each and every effects mods never found a good taste 

• By VonBeerhofen
      That's what you get when wearing headphones and you don't hear the incoming bullets from an enemy behind you  hitting your plane. Or maybe our hearing is getting impaired after so many years of flying this game, :D   VBH
    • By VonBeerhofen
      occasionally you can get these interesting smoke effects in EAWPRO generated by the new randomly asigned and expanded effects routines, giving many a much wider use. Besides that there are more smoketypes available which have new uses. Each animation is sixteen 64 pixel drawings in 8 bit using an entire 256 x 256 pixel PCX. Here a few expanding black smoke clouds were generated after two planes collided and you can still see a firey wing dropping down.

VonBeerhofen
    • By VonBeerhofen
      This night screen shows EAWPRO's bullet impact animation routine in action. Impacts can select a short animation within any of the available smoke and fire animations starting from any frame in that animation. I don't know offhand how many available drawings that is but roughly well over 200! This mimics bullets hitting various types of ground or objects and can for instance even use the watersplash animation when hitting a fuel cannister or something simmilar, as can be seen on the left of the screen where also a fire has started after the impact.

BTW, notice that not all drawings are illuminated at night.
      VonBeerhofen

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..