KaktusBonus

Buying RAZBAM - A-6 Intruder for the TW series

Hello Guys,

As per the title I'm searching for a way to buy Razbam's A-6 Intruder for the Third Wire series.
The Razbam A-6 itself is available for purchase on their webshop, but apparently only for Microsoft Flight Simulator 9 and FSX .

Am I out of luck and the SF version is discontinued and not available for purchase anymore? Hope this is not the case.

Kind Regards,
KB

I went looking to buy it a few months ago when I was looking for a cockpit for the Intruder Super pack, but I couldn't find a retailer. Sure looked to be discontinued to me. The WoV A-6 + Intruder Super Pack, makes for a good SF2 Intruder though.

I don't know if this is the correct webstore page, but the package available at the store describes the Strike Fighters package, but doesn't list it in the available choices dropdown: https://store.razbamsimulations.com/product_info.php?products_id=50&osCsid=0dd104452202071500f1e95f6bb948aa

The F2H Banshee and A1 Skyraider packages still list the SF addons as being included in the download. I would contact Razbam to see if you can still get it. They have a Facebook page and probably answer that fairly quickly.

Edited by streakeagle

Folks

Sorry for necroing, but a few years later since my OP, I got the itch for the Intruder again and wish to upgrade from the TK cockpit -- as I have never received a real response from Razbam (neither on FB nor via mail) I checked around on the internet anew.

My search got this result this time, which I don't think I found in 2018 -- even though it's a relatively old (probably I missed it or wasn't public back then, so it didn't show up in my search results) 

https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/posts/important-announcement-razbam-closing-down-the-strike-fighter-series-production-/489436961142947/ 

Razbam Simulations
July 16, 2013  · 

Important announcement, RAZBAM closing down the Strike Fighter series production line:
Gents
I just took the decision to close down our Strike Fighter series production line, as you may have noticed we haven´t produced anything in the last 2 years for these series and it´s mainly due to the lack of stability on the platform with new updates regularly that modifies sensible stuff within the sim.Our move into DCS leaves us with little to no time to devote to other platforms, and our current FSX schedule give us even little more.I tried to covert some of our latest model into the sim, with bad results.The lack of a "Strike Fighters" devoted developers into our team also pushed the decision forward. I´m grateful of the number of friends, supporters and collaborators i´ve met during this 4 yrs run, and cherish each one of them. You´re a strong community keeping alive a set of simulators with more than 10 yrs old technology with such passion, that i vow to you guys, there is such talent within your ranks, that i personally think, you´re the rightful owners of it, going beyond the original author, and improving it each day.Absolutely all our Strike Fighter series source files will be deleted, and i´ll run a final "get them all in one package" sale pretty soon, and then they´ll be deleted as well, and wont be available anymore.Once again, thanks for the support, we had a great run!

..and see you, eventually, in DCS skies (because i know you´re not into civilian simulators)

Quite an absolute resolve.

This post is from 2013 but I don't see any entry fresher for Strike Fighters -- that means my presumption from 2 years ago is seemingly correct -- i.e. their SF line is discontinued, which is baffling somewhere as they could simply sell it AS-IS with a disclaimer that there won't be any updates nor support.

My luck for getting into SF2 relatively late...

Sorry to beg around, but is there any way I could get the Razbam Intruder for SF now that the option for purchasing is gone (and the source files ostensibly deleted)? 

Thank you,

KB

This may need to be discussed among the Moderator & Admins. Raz's post clearly states it abandonware. 

But what are the implications of re-posting and/or sharing what was originally payware.

(not withstanding the facts that most, if not all, his SF1 products have some serious internal LOD issuse, most notably the infamous shadow 'tractor beam)

Well, you cant get it anyways anymore. And they obviously dont just want to stop updating it but also to sell it. If nobody else publishes their own work as abandonware or piracy then the razbam A6 would be lost and nobody would be able to use it anymore.

18 hours ago, DarudeSandstorm said:

If nobody else publishes their own work as abandonware or piracy then the razbam A6 would be lost and nobody would be able to use it anymore.

And this is perfectly fine. And everyone should make peace with it. If the modder wishes to stop supporting a certain game - that is his choice it is not a lifetime obligation.  But a community can not just disrespect his choices by redistributing his work ( if this is against his will). Even if he is not giving a damn what is happening to his old model...still it is his property and should be treated this way.  So if cockpit was payware a long time ago - now, no one should post his work without his consent. 

side note...Just be patient. I am quite sure we will have some new models in the future again. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Did anyone ask the Razbam crew if we could distribute their stuff on here? I have their stuff. I improved it a bit to my own liking. It works in SF2. Seems a shame not to share it if they aren't interested any more.

• Like 1

Only with their permission. As for the A-6, the cockpit alone worth the buy. The plane is ugly and TW´s is a lot better.

4 hours ago, alexis99 said:

Did anyone ask the Razbam crew if we could distribute their stuff on here? I have their stuff. I improved it a bit to my own liking. It works in SF2. Seems a shame not to share it if they aren't interested any more.

If my mind serves me right its Prowler1111 or similar that you can contact and ask permission to do so

I doubt an answer will be recieved, but hell, give it a try

• Like 2

Good point, though I didn't say he'd reply any time soon

• Haha 1

Well Razbam is active @ Facebook & in the DCS Forums. I guess it won´t be a problem to get in touch,

but if he replays.... 

On 1/6/2021 at 5:48 PM, Wilches said:

Only with their permission. As for the A-6, the cockpit alone worth the buy. The plane is ugly and TW´s is a lot better.

Yes, it's the cockpit I'm talking about. I've always used the Third Wire A-6 aircraft, because it flies better; doesn't pitch up so much off carrier, lands comfortably. But the Diane emulation in the Razbam cockpit is good to look at.

• Like 2

I just bought the Razbam cockpit for Strike Fighters 2 because the product page still lists it in the features/description. Wish I'd seen this thread first. At least I know why I can't find the cockpit folder everyone talked about.