Open Club  ·  12 members

Sign in to follow this  
VonBeerhofen

Animated Mainscreen for EAWPRO & 1.x derivatives

I'll be nitpicky as I just made a 160 version, and in doing that I noticed that you had your mouse-cursor in your pic :)

1vs1xg1977epifbzg.jpg

I have also used an ini setting that turns the flashing colours on or off.

Edited by Jel

Your download still has the cursor :(

I fixed one of my versions

1sg6l7y4yf2s7xkzg.jpg

Combat Ace downloads files to it's own servers to which I have no access. The file on my FTP site has been fixed and people are advised to copy/paste the shown url into their browser instead of using the direct link to the combat ace server.

It's doing the same with any pictures I post. Sorry about that but it's beyond my control.

VonBeerhofen

Further tests shows that the download url is fine, but browser may use the cached browser information on their own computers when the url was already visited. When the cache is erased the new download becomes available.

VonBeerhofen

VBH, can you get to these EAW downloads on CombatACE?
https://combatace.com/files/category/413-eaw-europen-air-war/

Anyhow I think you have to post so much to gain ability to access them. Then you have a limit to what you can download/ upload
I went through them all already. There just repacked files from the past put into archives. I never did get an answer from the User that repacks them.

I uploaded it to CombatACE file downloads. I can ask to have it removed or replaced I guess if you want?

Edited by MarkEAW
uploaded it

I can get to that page just fine, not going to download it though. It's fine to have it there or anywhere else really.

VonBeerhofen

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MarkEAW
      Okay here's the first release of it.
      I forgot to mention in the readme that its hooked for direct input and has a virtual joystick.
      That will allow you to configure the game flight controls to keyboard and cam to mouse.
      (I don't think the virtual Joystick if selected in game will work) Its best to stay with keyboard until you get a physical joystick.

EAWPRO DXWnd Profile
      https://www.mediafire.com/file/sia0o8hby2r44tm/EAWPRO10_(Basic)-DXWnd.zip/file

For this Wrapper Program
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/

• By Eagle114th

View File Screen Overhaul - (1920 x 1080)
      Strike Fighter Project 2 – Screen Overhaul v1.2 Customizable Edition

The new version of SF2 Screen Overhaul 1.2 is now released.  Here is the following screen this mod completely overhaul:

-          Main screen
      -          Single mission screen
      -          Mission editor screen
      -          Hangar (Default) screen
      -          Loadout screen
      -          Planning screen
      -          Roster screen
      -          Campaign screen
      -          Campaign editor screen
      -          Pilot records screen
      -          Options screen

It does not yet cover another screen.  It is work in progress (WIP) for now.  What I am seeking for is feedback that will help me improving the mod further. It is one of my biggest projects I ever worked on for SF2. It gave me opportunity to grow a new skill I enjoy doing. 

NOTE:  Now that SF2 Screen Overhaul is becoming a customizable version. If you make any mods that adds or change anything to this mod, please add my name and mod name to your credit part.

You can contact me by PM in CombatAce (I am known as Eagle114th there) or Strike fighter series Discord chat (My username is Magic Dragon, so you can find me there too.)

Version 1.2 NOTES:

Buttons customization instruction:
      In Menu folder (SF2 mod folder), you will see various SF2 screen named as “BUTTONS_HANGAR, MAIN, OPTIONS, etc...), there are folders for each button.  In order, to change the color of buttons, go to one of button folder, you will see different folders for various color.  Copy the file from there and overwrite the files in any BUTTONS_(SCREEN) folder.

For example, in BUTTONS_HANGAR, if I want to change the color of “LOADOUT” square button to blue; I go to the folder “LOADOUT”, then “Blue” folder, copy the files: LOADOUT0.bmp, LOADOUT1.bmp, and LOADOUT2.bmp.  Then I paste (Overwrite) the files in BUTTONS_HANGAR.

Screens and Buttons customization Templates
      In different “BUTTONS_(different screen names)”, there are folder “_Templates’.  You can use it to change the designs, colors, or anything you want to do with the screen background or buttons. 

This mod uses a font known as Orbitron.  I included it in _Fonts folder.

I want to express my sincerely big THANKS to Menrva, Wrench, UllyB, Daddyairplanes, Wilches, JosefK, FalonCAF, and everyone else in CombatAce community for making this possible.  You all have been a huge help. 

Because of Operation Desert Storm 30 years anniversary great mod, I was able to study the codes on how SF2 menu work, which led me into developing new menu for SF2.  This mod is truly fun to fly in SF2.  If anyone hasn’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it.

There are detailed instruction that explains how to install in the proper ways in README file.  LEASE READ IT BEFORE INSTALLING! 

I included the plans for the next version in the readme too.  

The feedback are always welcomed!

Submitter Eagle114th Submitted 05/18/2021 Category Menus  
    • By Eagle114th
      Strike Fighter Project 2 – Screen Overhaul v1.2 Customizable Edition

The new version of SF2 Screen Overhaul 1.2 is now released.  Here is the following screen this mod completely overhaul:

-          Main screen
      -          Single mission screen
      -          Mission editor screen
      -          Hangar (Default) screen
      -          Loadout screen
      -          Planning screen
      -          Roster screen
      -          Campaign screen
      -          Campaign editor screen
      -          Pilot records screen
      -          Options screen

It does not yet cover another screen.  It is work in progress (WIP) for now.  What I am seeking for is feedback that will help me improving the mod further. It is one of my biggest projects I ever worked on for SF2. It gave me opportunity to grow a new skill I enjoy doing. 

NOTE:  Now that SF2 Screen Overhaul is becoming a customizable version. If you make any mods that adds or change anything to this mod, please add my name and mod name to your credit part.

You can contact me by PM in CombatAce (I am known as Eagle114th there) or Strike fighter series Discord chat (My username is Magic Dragon, so you can find me there too.)

Version 1.2 NOTES:

Buttons customization instruction:
      In Menu folder (SF2 mod folder), you will see various SF2 screen named as “BUTTONS_HANGAR, MAIN, OPTIONS, etc...), there are folders for each button.  In order, to change the color of buttons, go to one of button folder, you will see different folders for various color.  Copy the file from there and overwrite the files in any BUTTONS_(SCREEN) folder.

For example, in BUTTONS_HANGAR, if I want to change the color of “LOADOUT” square button to blue; I go to the folder “LOADOUT”, then “Blue” folder, copy the files: LOADOUT0.bmp, LOADOUT1.bmp, and LOADOUT2.bmp.  Then I paste (Overwrite) the files in BUTTONS_HANGAR.

Screens and Buttons customization Templates
      In different “BUTTONS_(different screen names)”, there are folder “_Templates’.  You can use it to change the designs, colors, or anything you want to do with the screen background or buttons. 

This mod uses a font known as Orbitron.  I included it in _Fonts folder.

I want to express my sincerely big THANKS to Menrva, Wrench, UllyB, Daddyairplanes, Wilches, JosefK, FalonCAF, and everyone else in CombatAce community for making this possible.  You all have been a huge help. 

Because of Operation Desert Storm 30 years anniversary great mod, I was able to study the codes on how SF2 menu work, which led me into developing new menu for SF2.  This mod is truly fun to fly in SF2.  If anyone hasn’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it.

There are detailed instruction that explains how to install in the proper ways in README file.  LEASE READ IT BEFORE INSTALLING! 

I included the plans for the next version in the readme too.  

The feedback are always welcomed!

• By Viper63a

View File StrikeFighters2 Replacement Hi-Res Spash Screens
      StrikeFighters2 Hi-Res Replacement Spash Screens 
      By Viper
      Replacement spash (Initializing, Please Wait) screen for SF2. Uncompress the zip file and copy the *.bmp files into "<Your Install location>\Strike Fighters 2\Menu\" folder...where-ever you installed SF2.
      Simple install: Backup your "INITSCREEN.BMP" and  rename one of the new BMP you like to "INITSCREEN.BMP" and all your SF2 starts will show the new splash screen. 
      Complex Install: If you want each of your games to have a different splash screen...Back up and edit the <game>.ini file for the <game>.exe you want to change the splash screen for in the "<Your Install location>\Strike Fighters 2\" folder. Update the "LoadingScreen=" parm with the name of splash screen you want to display on start up: ex. "LoadingScreen=Menu\INITSCREEN (1).BMP".
      Note: If you copied the <game>.exe file to some other name, you have to copy the <game>.ini file to the same name as a the <game>.exe file. Also, the splash screen has to be a BMP file...PSD included so you can make your own. 
      Thanks to "Squid" for the idea and some elements from his screens!
      Enjoy!
      Submitter viper63a Submitted 11/25/2014 Category Menus  
    • By Viper63a
      StrikeFighters2 Hi-Res Replacement Spash Screens 
      By Viper
      Replacement spash (Initializing, Please Wait) screen for SF2. Uncompress the zip file and copy the *.bmp files into "<Your Install location>\Strike Fighters 2\Menu\" folder...where-ever you installed SF2.
      Simple install: Backup your "INITSCREEN.BMP" and  rename one of the new BMP you like to "INITSCREEN.BMP" and all your SF2 starts will show the new splash screen. 
      Complex Install: If you want each of your games to have a different splash screen...Back up and edit the <game>.ini file for the <game>.exe you want to change the splash screen for in the "<Your Install location>\Strike Fighters 2\" folder. Update the "LoadingScreen=" parm with the name of splash screen you want to display on start up: ex. "LoadingScreen=Menu\INITSCREEN (1).BMP".
      Note: If you copied the <game>.exe file to some other name, you have to copy the <game>.ini file to the same name as a the <game>.exe file. Also, the splash screen has to be a BMP file...PSD included so you can make your own. 
      Thanks to "Squid" for the idea and some elements from his screens!
      Enjoy!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..