The T-50, not Su-50. In August 2017, the PAK FA (the Pespective aviation Complex for Front-line Aviation), also known as the T-50, received the official serial name of the fifth-generation fighter Su-57. I can also add that this skin is not completely accurate. In this color scheme, the red stars were indicated only by a contour.

Su-57_2.jpg.5c953407da839183f26a362a0c5e5282.jpg

Later, the Su-57 got fashionable digital camo (so called "pixel") -

su57-1.thumb.jpg.a18bbc9e6bc5af4471bcff851b428550.jpg

30073692_1591838727579359_6838173708348413836_o.jpg.8864e67ed27ba6dd0b8ce1ce6b6430d6.jpg

Edited by Crawford

T-50 was the designation as prototype. In service the plane is called Su-57.

Does anyone know the NATO Code name of this bird?

Edited by Gepard

2 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

Does NATO even know about it? 

I don’t know if they heard about the PAK FA, but, according to Russian propaganda 'experts', NATO is so afraid of this bird that makes one shit in his pants! :biggrin:  'Cause "there are no analogues in the world!" (c) :lol:

NATO reporting name is either Frazor or Frazer.  They apparently decided against mass production, so I'm not sure how relevant its name will be, but then who knows what the future holds.

• Like 3

Hi guys. Here is the TGA file which adds Russian experimental "reduced visibility" insignia for the PAK FA T-50. For those who know what to do with it. :smile:

RedStar.tga

PAK_FA.jpg.92d583b755d3129d36a0a752e78e1e43.jpg

As far as I know, such "contour" red stars have not been used anywhere else. Most likely, due to the fact that, by and large, when the radar makes it possible to detect the enemy or friendly aircraft long before visual contact, the identification marks loses its importance. Now identification marks are painted only by tradition, so their "reduced visibility" does not matter at all.

The second reason, of course, is that the red stars are a subject of particular pride for the Russians (with a predominance of post-Soviet thinking). The cult of Victory in the Great Patriotic War is practically a religion in modern Russia. Therefore, any attempt to change something is perceived as blasphemy or encroachment on the shrine - symbols of the Great Victory. For example, an attempt to “update” the identification marks of the Russian Air Force in March 2010 by adding a blue border (so that the colors of the badges match the colors of the Russian flag) was met with incomprehension and caused negative emotions. After all, in January 2013, the Soviet red star was returned to its former appearance.

5bbf641786cf6_2010252013.jpg.6c5d13932ed2b372b3f342e38eeaf9d7.jpg

The insignias are not only tradition. They are necessary, caused by international conventions. Without markings the pilot would not be protected by the convention of Geneva. Thatswhy pilots and soldiers have uniforms. Without uniforms a captured soldier has no protection by convenion of Geneva and can be simply shot as rebel, without problems.

The rememberence of the victory in WW2 is not only a russian thing. A lot of former soviet republics celebrate it. And even in the western states, like UK or France it is a big subject up today. Maybe not as big as in Russia, thats true.

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

The rememberence of the victory in WW2 is not only a russian thing. A lot of former soviet republics celebrate it. And even in the western states, like UK or France it is a big subject up today. Maybe not as big as in Russia, thats true.

Of course. But nowhere, except for modern Russia, this celebration is not the central event of the year and nowhere acquires the character of a cult and mass insanity.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Dariam
      A new texture for the loved "Sukhoi Su-57 (Pak-Fa)

This is a freewere mod, can't be sell

Enjoy ;)

By:Dariam
    • By viper63a
      Is it me or the SF2 download section not showing anything? I have to go to "Download" and look in the right pane for downloads?
      =v=
    • By MigBuster

With so many different aircraft in Strike Fighters it is often the case of selecting an aircraft and fudging it around the skies with only vague recollection of how the radar works and how it is supposed to handle because you didn’t have the time to refresh. The Last of the Lightnings is a mod that unusually for SF2 centers mainly on getting familiar with a certain type of aircraft and its systems. You might even term it DCS lite however I can’t imagine seeing any of the aircraft in this mod featuring in that sim in my lifetime.

So, what is it about?
      The Last of the Lightnings (by comrpnt) is a set of scripted single missions (like YAP) that take the player through an RAF Operational Conversion Unit (OCU) training program and is based on the writings of ex Lightning and F-4 pilot Ian Black. This takes place in 1976 and you are flying the English Electric Lightning F.mk6.

The what you say? or as FastCargo once stated before being put under court martial by the USAF for blasphemy [or not].
      The Lightning was the last fully designed British supersonic fighter to enter service and its only requirement seems to have been performance above everything else [especially fuel].  Strike Fighters 2 comes with all seven of the single seat variants:
      Lightning F.mk1 Lightning F.mk1A Lightning F.mk2 Lightning F.mk2A Lightning F.mk3 Lightning F.mk6 Lightning F.mk53 Okay if you are wondering where your Lightnings are then you didn’t buy SF2 Expansion Pack 2 did you, in which case you are one of the reasons TK is now doing crappy phone games only………[hey his words] not to make you feel too guilty!
      Shame really because it comes with some of the best 3D pits Thirdwire ever did, and probably unique as far as combat sims go with the Lightning:

The centrepiece of the mod is a pdf guide that must have taken some time to do and is quite detailed in places.

So the point of this is that you will be learning to fly the Lightning or at least be better at it. On Hard flight model (~SFM in DCS) it can be tricky to handle so you will be dragged through formation landings, flying, A-A refueling and even learn how to use the radar to properly intercept targets and actually read the radar symbology. Some of this should be useful for other aircraft at least.

Install
      So yes you need SF2E and SF2 Exp 2 to run this minimum. I was running this from a full merged install, of which I created a separate install by copying the game exe file and running that to create a new Mod folder called LastOfTheLightnings for it.
      Full instructions are on the PDF and is mostly drag and drop with some ini file editing. For the training rounds I created new folders in the weapons folder and not the old-fashioned way recommended.

Mods
      So once up and running I added mods and changed them as I went through the course. Because of the changes that come with the mod I only changed the terrain tiles, runway, and sky using Better Widesky (Cellisky/Orsin). I have also put in mods to give more head movement and darker nights.

Up and running
      Firstly, you go to single mission only and choose the missions using the date code e.g. [760522] then ignore the text the game puts in because it is wrong [only go by the date code to get the correct mission per the guide].

Check your loadout - obviously the training rounds should be there otherwise don’t touch or change anything just look at the map and then launch.

So you start either on the runway or the taxi way on these missions.

At the beginning the tricky parts are landing on formation with your Qualified Flying instructor (QFI) and playing chase the QFI. Especially at night you need to be on your feet to keep track of the guy initially!

You are then given instruction on how A-A refueling should be done, e.g. fly in formation on the port side before refueling then fly formation on the starboard wing. You then have to try it at night and in clouds.

Yes the amazing Ravenclaw Bucc is in this pack.

The Intercept phase is interesting and you will be going after low and high targets before flying in formation with them, so you will need to learn what those dots and lines mean

After basic intercepts you get to do ACM against the pesky aggressor F-4Ms, although don’t pay too much attention to the instruction for this because they will spam those AIM-7s at you, luckily they are only training rounds [if you installed them properly] and wont kill you.

Next live weapons are used to intercept remote controlled unmanned drones (Hunters). The early ones fly straight but the later ones give you problems by turning a lot.

After basic strafing there is a pretty cool finale for your graduation, firstly you fly an F-4M as a photo chase plane:

Then you get to fly position 9 in a graduation formation fly over of RAF Jever.

Final salute to comrpnt for a fine job six years later.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..