Open Club  ·  11 members

VonBeerhofen

EAW devellopment needs help

I agree with Mark seems too much of a coinstance  to me..TBH I run both EAW versions and appreciate the work from all modders and wish all would just let it all go..I get along with all parties and hope it stays that way

Edited by rwatson
crappy spelling

This topic is locked until I can read it properly. Use this as a warning EVERYONE!

Ok guys, I just made a bit of clean of this post, BUT I also took a decision, I want the posts of both of you separated and no mentions to the other addons to be made or the posts will be locked and erased. Simply forget there's another addon and everything will be fine

Thanks.

1 hour ago, VonBeerhofen said:

Thx for your consideration Stratos, good call.

VonBeerhofen

1 hour ago, rotton50 said:

Just what we've been asking for too.

The resources of the forums are at your disposal. In keeping in line with Stratos' thinking you can either start separate topics or request sub forums be created. The prior is in my opinion the best way and if needed those topics can be pinned in the EAW forum, Stratos can do that but I will need to set up the sub topics if that's the ultimate way of thinking.

We do appreciate all your efforts but I don't think we need to have sub-forums, as long as all parties stay within Stratos' guidelines, that is.

I repeat we should create the sub forums so you guys can stay separated.

I'll take my lead from Stratos so if you guys want to have a discussion about that with him that'll be great. I say this because there are conflicting ideas above, one wants it the other does not. If we decide on sub-forums I'll just need to know what to call them since I'm not up to speed on what you guys are doing individually. Again discuss that with Stratos.

It is my hope we all can get along here. The goal aside from any drama is doing what you enjoy and making the community / game better with your contributions. Please be open to ideas and thoughts even if they're completely opposite from your perspective. Working together and in support of each of other is the only way to keep the enjoyment alive in what you do. Trust me when I tell I've seen strong groups of people divided and scattered to the wind over the smallest amounts of drama. Don't be those guys bitter bad blood takes forever to mend and sometimes never does.

I think the best and only possible decision is to create the sub forums, I asked both of the parties to communicate the choosen sub forum name.

Let me know when that has been done. Hopefully before the Hatfields and McCoys get back to feudin' again.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:20 AM, Erik said:

I'll take my lead from Stratos so if you guys want to have a discussion about that with him that'll be great. I say this because there are conflicting ideas above, one wants it the other does not. If we decide on sub-forums I'll just need to know what to call them since I'm not up to speed on what you guys are doing individually. Again discuss that with Stratos.

It is my hope we all can get along here. The goal aside from any drama is doing what you enjoy and making the community / game better with your contributions. Please be open to ideas and thoughts even if they're completely opposite from your perspective. Working together and in support of each of other is the only way to keep the enjoyment alive in what you do. Trust me when I tell I've seen strong groups of people divided and scattered to the wind over the smallest amounts of drama. Don't be those guys bitter bad blood takes forever to mend and sometimes never does.

May I suggest 3 EAW Forums?  One for proponents of V1.6  et al, one for proponents of EXEPRO, and the third where both can argue amongst each other.  These first two will be for strictly technical discussions of the particular versions of the game.   Any variance from a strictly technical discussion of that particular version of the game will be edited, or locked, with possible consequences for posters repeatedly making untoward posts. The third forum will be the dumping-ground  and relieves the pressure on the other two strictly-moderated forums from undue interference.

The ability to ban certain members from one or another of the sim-specific forums would be a useful tool for the Mod(s). 

I know that on "my" Site, I can ban a specific member from posting in any number of sub-forums, while they are still able to post in the rest of the Site.  In practice this works out well in many instances, allowing some posters to remain as members, while not fully banned.  Such forum bans are subject to periodic review, and possible reversal.

For a few, very problematic posters, a "Forum ban" is simply the first step to a Site ban.  Some people don't take the hint.  

Having said this, this site may not be configured to allow such, and so it puts more burden on the Mods, sad to say.

IMHO,  the sooner the Mod 'catches" a problem, the easier it is to solve.  Either by editing offending comments, or by locking a thread and warning offenders.  This requires very active participation in the Forum(s) displaying problems.

No Site/forum wants to lose Members, and some Members contribute to the Site, while some Members don't.  The latter can be banned for good cause with scant consequences, while the former require somewhat gentler handling.  Even so, there is a limit to this, most often induced by Mod fatigue.

Submitted for consideration, and NOT as criticism of the Mod(s) here. 

Thanks for the suggestion. These are grown people and I'm not about to start changing nappies. People know what proper etiquette is some just think a keyboard and screen excuses them from a human common courtesy.

I have faith everyone can and will get along.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:55 PM, Erik said:

Thanks for the suggestion. These are grown people and I'm not about to start changing nappies. People know what proper etiquette is some just think a keyboard and screen excuses them from a human common courtesy.

I have faith everyone can and will get along.

Recent experience has changed my mind, and I now concur with the original suggestion of separate sub-forums for the two variants.

That option greatly reduces the opportunity for friction, and lessens the burden of Stratos.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..