Sign in to follow this  
Jel

A new160 upgrade is available

There is a "160Upgrade15Oct2018.exe" 7-zip self-installer in the 160 Special folder at MediaFire
Running it in the 160 folder installs new folders, or adds additional material to some existing ones.

9g2ak4l83khjam6zg.jpg

As you can see there is some new material, and the very latest exes are installed.
Try the "FlashNM.exe" which is the new map version of the latest exe which shows the flashing colours on the default main screen.
"FlashOM.exe" is the old map version, recommended for Switzerland and the Carrier Air War theatres.

:smile: Jel

Ok, So I tried the basic, maybe I've been too long out of EAW, but menus are gone, how I select my plane? The enemies, targets, loadouts??

The basic is just a test to see if 160 runs on your PC.

From memory it is using a single MSN file that is built in. It's a while since I used it so I will check and get back to you.

Got it working, but is a bit complicated isn't it? Wouldn't be easier the old way? selecting your home base, the target...

Is not possible to have something like the one in the Swiss addon?

As you say you do not get any nenu or selection screens I need to ask just what you installed, but the following info may be useful in any case.

There are six different forms of the 160 exe.

1.29 came in two forms because it was no longer locked into the 640x320 tile-map.

The "old map" version still read the 640x320 tile-maps, and used the "Europe1.pic" file, but the "new map" version read tile-maps of a different size and used the "TargMap.pic" file.

Since then there have always been the old and new map versions of every exe.

So now there are the old and new map versions of:

1. The normal exe which has the traditional method of aircraft, target and base selection that you are asking for.

2. The "MPOnly" exe which runs straight into multiplayer.

3. The "Special" exe which is designed for people who have problems with corrupted screens, and uses an external front end to set up or load "*.msn" files containing all the flight data needed. The exe reads the "*.msn" file" when it launches, and after a few seconds you are in the game without any screens.

The difference between 150/160 and previous exes is that they use separate theatres and planesets, so in 160 there is a file-manager which enables the user to select the exe, the theatre and the planeset.

e3e947obznn8f5yzg.jpg

There is another and slightly more complex file-manager that does the same, but also lets an expert user build new planesets or edit existing ones. I used it to make the new "Swiss" planeset yesterday.

I discovered the planeset selector, but my EAW.exe does not load any menu screen. I'm on Special I think.

What is the name of your 160 folder, and are there any file-managers in it?

If so do you have exes available like those in the last screenie?

This is my current 160 folder

erzmsqfad8ujcrrzg.jpg

Edited by Jel