What, 11000 aircraft produced over a quarter of a century and being the bane of Western air forces isn't 'real' enough for you, Paulo? :wink:

MiG-21 is very real. dunno about the bane of western air forces after 1972 though........

squaring off the curves and applying a gray mattish paint job are not, except within the electron traffic.

i believe what Paulo is referring to is making something not in game but historical, like a CF-100 or a new A-6 pit or CH-54 (of a better quality than YAP).

the fanciful and arcadish is fine. but by observation most of our community likes to get it as close to historical accuracy as the game allows

• Like 3

there's quiet enough fanciful and outlandish "what ifs.." around. Razor edging a 50+ year old design isn't going to make it any more stealthy or 5thGen-ish.

what is truly needed are rebuilds or replacements of those REAL historic aircraft that aren't available anymore.  And there's dozens.

• Like 4

I agree that it could be great if someone would like to rebuild/refresh/build new real historic aircraft. But other thing is;  if a modder wants to do his own way models - let it be. There is a place for everything. But definitely, we like historic flyers here more. 

• Like 2

in freeware that is very true. it is my understanding that yunped is displaying these to attract interest in a for pay aircraft however

i dont say that a focus on historical aircraft is better to be judgemental in that case. it's more a matter of knowing your targeted customer base.

• Like 1