76.IAP-Blackbird

Suchoi Intercept Rafal refueling over Syria

https://fighterjetsworld.com/2018/11/01/russian-fighters-intercepted-rafales-and-kc-10-extender-over-syria/?fbclid=IwAR3sLhzXDDi45hepal0Njl25i21FyuGl3BEVjQefw_9gnduuYLvLQeIYP4c

Im still asking myself, what is the french airforce doing over Syria? they are not invited, it is illegal to use foreign airspace. 
Same for the US presense in Syria, having a BBQ with the IS?

57 minutes ago, 76.IAP-Blackbird said:

https://fighterjetsworld.com/2018/11/01/russian-fighters-intercepted-rafales-and-kc-10-extender-over-syria/?fbclid=IwAR3sLhzXDDi45hepal0Njl25i21FyuGl3BEVjQefw_9gnduuYLvLQeIYP4c

I'm still asking myself, what is the french air force doing over Syria? they are not invited, it is illegal to use foreign airspace. 
Same for the US presence in Syria, having a BBQ with the IS?

Because the Syrian regime is doing such a sterling job right?

If by BBQ, you mean destroying a bunch of murderous religious/cultist nutters with AGMs, JDAMs, Paveways etc, then absolutely. 

1 hour ago, JonathanRL said:

then why there is no UN resolution for it  or a cooperation, would france start flying mission in the US if the KKK had claimed the terror attacks? :biggrin:

1 hour ago, TempestII said:

Because the Syrian regime is doing such a sterling job right?

If by BBQ, you mean destroying a bunch of murderous religious/cultist nutters with AGMs, JDAMs, Paveways etc, then absolutely. 

Have you noticed the remaining IS operation areas are next or even the same as the US hold teretory in Syria? 

5 minutes ago, 76.IAP-Blackbird said:

then why there is no UN resolution for it  or a cooperation, would france start flying mission in the US if the KKK had claimed the terror attacks? :biggrin:

Have you noticed the remaining IS operation areas are next or even the same as the US hold teretory in Syria? 

that is an astonishingly stupid quote since the areas held by the US Kurdish allies are the ones taken from IS.  The US and our Kurdish allies are systematically destroying IS. 

now the Turks......

• Like 2

interesting conversation going on here, it would be more interesting if no person takes it personal 

Maybe because France, like the USA, doesn't want Syria to become a Russian and Iranian/Hezbollah satellite. The USA and Israel should have established a no-fly zone over Syria long ago. "... and kill MiGs" as they said during the Korean War. 😡

13 hours ago, 76.IAP-Blackbird said:

Im still asking myself, what is the french airforce doing over Syria?

No offend Master, but what is Russian Su doing there ? Yup, they were invited, but you really think it's a big problem for US and other NATO to be invited by Israel ?

However all this situation is crazy. To kill ISIS founds you must destroy their fuel installations, but Shell and other companies think they can save these pipes for further use.

And this is a problem, politicians, as always are just ballsless and nobody really care of drama of the civilians.

13 hours ago, 76.IAP-Blackbird said:

Im still asking myself, what is the french airforce doing over Syria? they are not invited, it is illegal to use foreign airspace. 
Same for the US presense in Syria, having a BBQ with the IS?

The french are definitly uninvited by ISIS.

Therefore, Russia, and most western  powers share a common interest in flying iver Syria (either intransit to Iraq or to bomb ISIS positons in Syria)

As such, deconfliction protocoles were setup to avoid incident and such situations are common.

And this provides crews lot of opportunities to take pictures such as this.

9 hours ago, Slant6 said:

Maybe because France, like the USA, doesn't want Syria to become a Russian and Iranian/Hezbollah satellite. The USA and Israel should have established a no-fly zone over Syria long ago. "... and kill MiGs" as they said during the Korean War. 😡

Maybe tyes, maybe not, but this picture was not taken in this context

This picture is a non event, it's been 5-6 years this is common mutually agreed practice between Russai, Westrern powers ...

There are a lot of disputes and influence struggle between Russia, France, US, NATO, Turkey, Iran, Israel ..., but this one is not

With the post above I want to show that we have to understand Russia has his own agenda, as western powers have their one, we cannot have the double morale of critizing Russia for trying to preserve thier sphere of influence, specially when that sphere collides with the one of the Western Powers.

• Like 1

My take on this , is can we do anything about it ? will we do anything about it ? can we actually do anything about it anyway ? and as the answers to all of the above will most likely be a resounding NO  then why do we actually give a shit, not worth getting hot under the collar about, and being a bunch of grumpy gits on our friendly Combat Ace, where we simulate flying into other peoples countries, and bombing the living shit out of 'em .......................NUFF SAID !!            :censored: 

2 hours ago, Stratos said:

With the post above I want to show that we have to understand Russia has his own agenda, as western powers have their one, we cannot have the double morale of critizing Russia for trying to preserve thier sphere of influence, specially when that sphere collides with the one of the Western Powers.

Couldn't agree more. People keep forgetting that Russia has other motives as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrojet_Flight_9268

I think we can say that while all involved powers want to fight terrorists, they are also following their own agendas, with all their contradictions.

• Like 1

everybody involved just doesn`t care what anybody else thinks, all greed comes above retaliation, geopolitical bull crap 

if anybody opposed their own government regarding such matters they would be called traitors and spies then their sorry asses end up in deep shit

my opinion is as civilians we shouldn`t give a rat`s ass 

And THIS is why I mostly stay out of politics online...

• Like 3

19 hours ago, 76.IAP-Blackbird said:

That would make sense when you see the geography of the MERV; Pro-Regime Forces are on the Western side of the river with ISIS stuck in a pocket on the Eastern side sandwiched between the river & the SDF.

Unfortunately, the SDF got their arses kicked by ISIS about a week ago during a period of poor weather. It also doesn't help that the SDF in the MERV aren't the same as in other places; there's no/very few Kurds (who are better motivated & trained fighters) amongst them so many of the SDF involved in the attack broke contact and ran. Until the situation with Turkey is sorted out, a new MERV offensive will be difficult. 

However, that doesn't mean that Western airpower hasn't utterly dismantled ISIS since 2014 while Assad has been focused on killing protesters with barrel bombs and WMDs. 

3 hours ago, cosmoseed said:

"my opinion is as civilians we shouldn`t give a rat`s ass"

But I am not a civilian, as are more people around here... 
And I think many problems in the world could be solved if "civilians DID give a rat's ass"...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cosmoseed said:

everybody involved just doesn`t care what anybody else thinks, all greed comes above retaliation, geopolitical bull crap 

if anybody opposed their own government regarding such matters they would be called traitors and spies then their sorry asses end up in deep shit

my opinion is as civilians we shouldn`t give a rat`s ass 

If you voted for said government then you are responsible for the actions of that government... 

A civilian questioning and if necessary opposing their governments actions and motives is not treason... its often an obligation...

• Like 3

And I am an Ex Serviceman, and NOT a Civvy, and I still dont give a damn. We shouldnt be involved, most of the issues in the near and middle East have been caused and exacerbated by Western and Soviet meddling, and as I said previously, we cant do bugger all about it, and our respective Governments sure as hell wont do so either, and even if we all stood up and complained, demanded, ranted and raved, they wouldn't take heed anyhow, as Governments are no longer ( if they ever were in the first place ) for the people, by the people, I mean shit, we live in so called enlightened and civilised countries, but still we, in the 21st bloody century , are seeing increases in food banks, and homeless people living on the sodding streets, but our Governments can afford to piss about playing fuckin' war in places where they are not wanted, not liked , and certainly far from welcome, and the bastards who SHOULD be helping out in their own region, sit on their fat entitled arses with thumbs firmly rammed up where the sun dont shine , I will mention no names of these countries, but I am sure you get my drift !! Sick of all the international brinkmanship and pissing contests , my guns bigger than yours bullshit, but hey ho, sod all I can do about it, so no, fucks given = zip, zilch, zero, nill, nada .

Edited by trotski00
  • Like 2

On 11/2/2018 at 5:47 AM, 76.IAP-Blackbird said:

Yeah, how's that working out over in the Ukraine...

🙄

On 11/2/2018 at 8:54 AM, cosmoseed said:

interesting conversation going on here, it would be more interesting if no person takes it personal 

Well, if one asks disingenuous questions, then maybe one shouldn't expect a supportive response...