Sign in to follow this  
Sundowner

CF-100 book required

Here's another one. The original site must have closed, so it's been moved.

http://www.forgottenjets.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/index.html

scroll to the bottom, Non US/Non Warsaw Pact, look for CF-100. You'll get a listing of ALL serials, and a short service history of all the aircraft (prototype and production)

• Like 1

Sundowner, I have PDFs of the CF-100 flight manual if you want it.

Thanks for the replies, ideally I was hoping to get one here in the UK as I'm too impatient to wait for international shipping but I've bitten the bullet and ordered a copy from Amazon, should be here by the last week of this month.........:ok:

Amazon may be a giant evil corporation slowly taking over the world, but they are great for finding odd things and getting them shipped internationally, books and toys especially. I had to get a Gormiti toy from the UK via Amazon once because my son loved Gormiti, but they never caught on in the USA whereas the UK had nearly everything ever released for Gormiti.

I found it odd that I couldn't find even one downloadable PDF reference for this book. Either google is blocking links to less than honest file hosting sites, or this book is really rare and not very popular.

believe me, I've scoured those 'less than honest sites" myself, as angelp was working on the Clunk with us in the CAF Forums, and I ain't found nothing either.

so, it's very difficult and rare to find things

15 hours ago, streakeagle said:

I found it odd that I couldn't find even one downloadable PDF reference for this book. Either google is blocking links to less than honest file hosting sites, or this book is really rare and not very popular.

Yep, I did exactly the same thing, I know it's been out of print for a while and can fetch some silly money, it's the same with a Sea Vixen book I've been after for years..

But I can remember years ago, that if I typed in a book title... tons of pdf references would come up. Some sites required users to be paid members, but just about any book I could think of was showing up as a downloadable file. In the old days, I could go to a hobby shop or book store and check out a book's contents before buying it. Not many places carry the types of aviation books I buy and the ones that do can only afford to carry the most popular ones (i.e. Osprey books at hobby shops). Being able to check out a low-res poorly scanned pdf helped fill my shelves with tons more books than I would have bought otherwise... but then there were countless others whose content was worthless. It is very nice to see the entire contents of the book, especially when you know exactly what facts/specs/references you are hoping to gain from purchasing the book.

• Like 2

I'll just add that if you ended up buying Milberry's CF-100 book, it'll probably be well worth the $ and wait. I have his Canadair Sabre book and it's top shelf stuff.

The book arrived last week and after reading from cover I must admit it's not really up to the publisher's hype but still an interesting read.

I would of liked a bit more in-depth information about about the airframe and systems, more detail in general instead of this squadron went here and that squadron went there type stuff but still all in all a good read.