Stephen1918

Updated Eastern Front Terrain

For several years, I've been working on an improved Galicia terrain for the Eastern Front. I am (FINALLY) finished. I am doing some tweaking, gathering the parts and getting everything organized for upload. I hope to upload the finished package in a few days.

The improved terrain includes new Farm and City tiles, new TODs for most of the tiles, more target areas, and a lot of eye candy. New features include more buildings in the cities, very small villages/farms, cavalry camps, field hospitals, static aircraft on all the airfields, and more active battle grounds. I have added a lot more detail to the whole terrain. Ojcar's Armchair Aces campaigns will not be affected.

GaliciaMap.jpg

Galicia004.jpg

Galicia009.jpg

Galicia025.jpg

Galicia027.jpg

Galicia014.jpg

Galicia019.jpg

Galicia020.jpg

Galicia002.jpg

Galicia005.jpg

Galicia006.jpg

Galicia030.jpg

Galicia012.jpg

Galicia028.jpg

Galicia029.jpg

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Most excellent mate !! 

• Thanks 1

Beauty... full !!! :good:

• Thanks 1

The grate thing is we find all the "typical" images of the Eastern Front : the buildings, the armored trains ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for your comments. I think anyone who has done terrains will agree with me: It's hard to stop because you keep thinking of more things too add, and things that were finished months ago don't seem to be good enough anymore. There are still a lot of things that I would like to do but if I'm not careful, I will never be finished. I decided that it's good enough for now; maybe I will make a new version later. I am writing the installation instructions now and will upload the package later today or early tomorrow..

Galicia038.jpg

Galicia040.jpg

Galicia041.jpg

Galicia023.jpg

Galicia036.jpg

Galicia045.jpg

Galicia048.jpg

Galicia050.jpg

Galicia021.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Stephen1918 said:

Thank you all for your comments. I think anyone who has done terrains will agree with me: It's hard to stop because you keep thinking of more things too add, and things that were finished months ago don't seem to be good enough anymore. There are still a lot of things that I would like to do but if I'm not careful, I will never be finished. I decided that it's good enough for now; maybe I will make a new version later. I am writing the installation instructions now and will upload the package later today or early tomorrow..

Galicia038.jpg

Galicia040.jpg

Galicia041.jpg

Galicia023.jpg

Galicia036.jpg

Galicia045.jpg

Galicia048.jpg

Galicia050.jpg

Galicia021.jpg

As immersive as before !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have uploaded the Galicia2 version 3 terrain - still awaiting administrator approval. In addition to the terrain, the download includes all the necessary ground objects along with instructions for installing in both FE1 and FE2.

Available here : https://combatace.com/files/file/15469-galicia2/

img00138.jpg

img00140.jpg

img00146.jpg

img00148.jpg

img00149.jpg

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Grab it and test it. Simply fantastic! Thanks a lot!!!!

• Thanks 1

Wow! The terrain still surprises me. So many new targets. Awesome landscape. Excelent framerate. No problems so far.:bowdown2:

• Thanks 1

BTW, I know it´s not the correct forum for that, but Stephen is there a chance to make this Anatra DS version? It has a new engine cowling,

29_3.jpg

• Like 1

Good job, Stephen1918!  Finally got this addendum downloaded and installed - everything loaded up neatly and plays well in my dedicated FE2 Galicia2 installation.  Some very interesting new and (some) improved eye candy, and appropriate-looking terrain elevation modifications!  So busy flying over the new digs and looking around I nearly got shot down due to lack of attention to the bad guys!   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A superb map Steven, thank you for this update to the eastern front! Frame-rates are good on my rig too, and already enjoying some early war scenarios on the map. (Tip: since many of the landscapes are fairly high alt., close to 1000m, as historical, stay away from the M-S type G Dux 45hp Anzani on some of the higher alt. 'dromes if flying for the Russ. Imperial Air Service - or you will be in for a world of hurt.) :biggrin: I've been using the Longhorn and, while slow, it can get up to about 3000 m alt. Great stuff gents. (Have also been doing some experiments with wind shear/turbulence - will include with a ver. 9.7 of the FM update pack eventually.)

Von S :flyer:

img00002.JPG

img00001.JPG

img00004.JPG

Edited by VonS
Fixed typos.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Wilches said:

BTW, I know it´s not the correct forum for that, but Stephen is there a chance to make this Anatra DS version? It has a new engine cowling,

Well... I'm of two minds.

On the one had, I have a lot of projects that I started and haven't finished yet. I was planning to get some of them finished now that Galicia is done.

On the other hand, I've been thinking about a Russian Civil War scheme for a long time. Since we already have most of the aircraft, it would just be a matter of tweaking FMs and skinning. A Polish Anasal would be good to have for that.

I'll find my original Anatra DS files and see what I can do.... But I have some things I want to finish and upload first so it won't be right away..

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stephen1918 said:

Well... I'm of two minds.

On the one had, I have a lot of projects that I started and haven't finished yet. I was planning to get some of them finished now that Galicia is done.

On the other hand, I've been thinking about a Russian Civil War scheme for a long time. Since we already have most of the aircraft, it would just be a matter of tweaking FMs and skinning. A Polish Anasal would be good to have for that.

I'll find my original Anatra DS files and see what I can do.... But I have some things I want to finish and upload first so it won't be right away..

Take your time. You deserve a good rest! It´s nice to hear it from you.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wilches said:

29_3.jpg

Front view

anasal-10.jpg

• Like 3