Sign in to follow this  
Trotski

removing a node, or whatever its called

Hi looking for a pointer in the right direction , on one of our older aircraft, I am messing around with Borts Farmans, specifically the MF11 , as that is really the only shorthorn you can do anything with, as the gunners on the other ones are ancient, and rather awful looking these days, however as the MF11 is just like the Longhorn, I was attempting to remove the obseerver from the rear seat and have an armed observer using the rifle armed models  ( as has be made possible on the MF 7 ) however as the bugger is hardwired in, I am experiencing some difficulty in hiding it, I can make the face disappear but the main body aint budging, so i am getting this problem...................................

img00001.thumb.JPG.619a7cfa0fdd4357c71eb4a731be318f.JPG

As you can see I still have the shadow of the original observer behind my replacement , so, my question is , can I hide this , and if so, how ? been trying to hide it all different ways but with no luck,  as I said I can make his face disappear, but not the main part of him ......HELP !!! 

Removing a part from a plane

Basically, you are telling the game that a certain part represents the destroyed version of another part. So it doesn't show until the part is destroyed. Then you assign it to a part that doesn't exist, so that part never gets destroyed so the part you named never shows.

Use Mue's LOD viewer to find the name of the part.
Any parts attached to this part (indented beneath it in the list) will also be removed.

Create a component under [AircraftData] - make sure its numbered correctly
Create a component definition and make up a name for the fictitious part
Add the name of the part you want to remove

Example:
This removes the gunner from the DFW, but leaves the machine gun.
If you want to remove the gun, then the DestroyedNodeName should be   Tailgun_Stand

[AircraftData]
EmptyMass=1027.0
EmptyInertia=2483.3,3916.1,5536.5
ReferenceArea=41.52
ReferenceSpan=13.27
ReferenceChord=1.68
CGPosition=0.00,0.00,0.00
OnGroundPitchAngle=14.0
UseMetricUnit=TRUE
DefaultArmorType=WOOD
DefaultArmorThickness=25
Component[001]=Fuselage
Component[002]=TopWingLeft
Component[003]=TopWingRight
Component[004]=TopWingMidLeft
Component[005]=TopWingMidRight
Component[006]=TopWingTipLeft
Component[007]=TopWingTipRight
Component[008]=BottomWingLeft
Component[009]=BottomWingRight
Component[010]=BottomWingMidLeft
Component[011]=BottomWingMidRight
Component[012]=BottomWingTipLeft
Component[013]=BottomWingTipRight
Component[014]=Tail
Component[015]=LeftStab
Component[016]=RightStab
Component[017]=VertTail
Component[018]=Nose
Component[019]=Remove    <-- Add component

[Remove]                 <-- Component name must match
ModelNodename=Empty      <-- this can be any word you want
DestroyedNodeName=gunner <-- this is the name of the part you want to remove
DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE
HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

oooh ok....will look at this later on in the morning, I sort of did what you say here, but not as you have put it, I'll give it a go and see what happens, if I am still stuck I'll give you a shout.............just wish it was possible to sort out the gunners on the other MF 11's , as they are quite frankly awful , but it's a little beyond my understanding  and expertise, be nice to have some up to date early longhorn/shorthorn Farmans .

Thanks mate !! finally done it, simple when you know how it should be done properly and not by guess work !! Thanks again.......................:drinks:

• Like 1

I know time is a premium for our modders but it might be a worthwhile at some point to have a  new nascel made for these old planes. maybe just make a couple versions slightly larger than the original that could be placed vis the fake pilot method. 

• Like 1

Totally agree mate for the early war and Palestine where older types stayed in service longer it would be nice to see, and Borts Farmans are ok, but they need an update , and some of the older 2 seaters which have the original FE 1 Gunners in are really ugly looking now , well past their sell by date me thinks !! 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 7:48 PM, whiteknight06604 said:

I know time is a premium for our modders but it might be a worthwhile at some point to have a  new nascel made for these old planes. maybe just make a couple versions slightly larger than the original that could be placed vis the fake pilot method. 

I tried making new nacelles for the old Farmans once and the result wasn't much better than the original.  It had to be quite large to cover all the bumps in the original, and I couldn't get the edges around the cockpit and engine to match. Laton made a Savoia Pomilio SP.3 for Italy that is a good stand-in for the shorthorn, and has skins that are easier to work with.

https://combatace.com/files/file/4661-savoia-pomilio-sp3/

Just my 2 cents :

Component[019]=Remove    <-- Add component

[Remove]                 <-- Component name must match
ModelNodename=Empty      <-- this can be any word you want
DestroyedNodeName=gunner <-- this is the name of the part you want to remove
DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE
HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE
MassFraction=0.0       <-- You must add this line

If you don't add the "MassFraction=0.0" entry the remaining weight will be shared with the part you added.
And if the fuselage part (most of the time) doesn't have a "MassFraction=" entry, there is weight to allocate.