Sign in to follow this  
RIBob

Lits of "Essential" Mods for FE 2?

ooes such a list exist?  I mean by "Essential" that such mods greatly enhance the game, and are widely acknowledged to be well-done.

I am, as a newcomer to FE 2, interested in adding aircraft, terrains. weather, and other effects, and also campaigns.

I understand that it is recommended to do the simpler mods first, and the more complex ones last.

Does such a list exist?  Can anyone provide a link to same?  THX in advance.

Edited by RIBob

I recommend the following post:

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/91801-downloads-for-first-eagles/?tab=comments#comment-746959

It contains a couple of links to significant mods (such as Stephen's pilots, aircraft, etc.), also further info. on my FM tweaks. I'm sure the FE2 community will pitch in with other suggestions. Other important add-ons are of course the excellent terrains by gTerl for Italy, Stephen's update to his wonderful eastern front terrain, also don't forget to download Stephen's middle eastern terrain as well, plus some of the excellent ground objects under the relevant downloads section (although many of those ground objects are already included in the latest versions of the terrain updates).

Happy flying,

Von S :smile:

Thanks, Von S!  The reputation of your Mods (and yourself) has preceded you response here.

• Thanks 1

Galacia is a must Stephen has just updated it and its stunning !! Vosoges and well pretty much all of the new and improved terrains, and campaigns Armchair aces for example you cant have too much of a good thing in my book !! as for Aircraft, the list is comprehensive if not complete, and even some of the older models still work well especially if you apply Von S's ini tweaks. This is the beauty of the SF/FE stable of sims, pretty much every aspect of air warfare ( and fire fighting !! ) has been covered, from the 1900's until current day is covered in one form or another, no other set of flight sims quite has the scope of the Thirdwire series.

Enjoy it, and welcome to the community !!       :pilotfly: