GKABS

_TYPES file codes assistance to create a static target

I would like to add an aircraft as a static target, but I would like someone with knowledge

to tell me what is the best setting for the flowing codes for a good explosion effect:

DestroyedEffect=
SecondaryEffect=
SecondaryChance=

Secondly,  I would like to now if there is a list to explain the different ArmorType= and  ArmorValue= codes

Are you trying to add a acutal static aircraft, or use one of the stock 3w lods? Using the stock aircraft don't work, even with all their extracted lods (also illeagle) placed in the terrain's folder.

If using one of the (very) few available freeware statics (for example, a P-51) the statements would look like this:

[TargetType209]
Name=P51D
FullName=Parked P-51 Mustang
ModelName=P51D.LOD
TargetType=MISC
ActiveYear=1944
TargetValue=50
UseGroundObject=FALSE
DamagePoint=0.04
ArmorValue=0.0
ArmorType=0
RepairRate=0
StartDetectChance=0
StartIdentifiedChance=0
IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0
MaxVisibleDist=16100.0
DestroyedEffect=SmallRocketGroundExplosion
DestroyedModel=P-51D_Destroyed.LOD
SecondaryEffect=VehicleFireEffect
SecondaryChance=100

This is take right from one of my WW2 terrains, so we know it works

Mind you, this is a very old LOD (2005-ish) and does have it's own destroyed model. The hard part, expecially for these ancient units, is running down all the missing pieces (usually the prop and canopy tgas). One needs to search the lod with a hex editor to find them.

as to the armor values and types, I can't remember

• Like 2

Hi Wrench,
thank you for your replay and help,  I will try searching the forum again the armor values and types.