GKABS

Adding a rotating light to a building

I would like to know if there is a way to add a rotating light to a building or aircraft hangar like this one.  I can model in 3d max but I would like to know the code to make it show in the game and function

images.jpeg

down load this, study the entries, adjust as needed for your use.

somewhere also is an post about adding smoke to buildings (like powerplant exhaust stacks). that should also have some relevant clues.

not sure if one can make a light rotate, but it can be made to blink and the blink rate can vary.  best advice until someone else posts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

yes, you can make a light rotate (see Stary's lighthouses)

you'd need to build in the animation into the LOD, and most likely use a 'self illuminating tga', and the tga for the light beam itself would need creating

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i forgot about those.

the best way i help; post what i think is a good idea only to have an expert give a better answer!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

daddyairplanes & Wrench Thank you for your replies, I will try to study everything about it and I will do my best to add something to this wonderful community.

okay I managed to make it working. I am creating a airport beacon light. So my request please is how to animate light on off for airport beacon light instead of rotating around.

i don't think you can switch them on or off. Unless it takes it cure from the airfields (main) ini. Most lights (runway) come on after dusk. 

afaik, you can only have it ON and rotating. (but, thats all i know!!! <grin>)

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Wrench said:

i don't think you can switch them on or off. Unless it takes it cure from the airfields (main) ini. Most lights (runway) come on after dusk. 

afaik, you can only have it ON and rotating. (but, thats all i know!!! <grin>)

Thank you for your reply Wrench.  That is so sad, I was thinking of adding it to the game oh well I will look for something else to do