Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

"ShowFromCockpit" won't work for me

I have a RF-4C which has a refule probe. When switching from TRUE to FALSE (ShowFromCockpit=TRUE/FALSE) this line , I still see it (it's not whole, just its end and it looks weird) from inside the cockpit. Is there a way to hide JUST when I look outside the cockpit window please ? I don't want to remove it from the 3D aircraft model, I just want not to see it from INSIDE the cockpit or...if possible, to see it correctly (the whole refule pipe, as it should look like, when looking outside the cockpit window). Is there a way ? Thank you.

I think these lines might have some answers:

[AircraftData]
EmptyMass=13397.1
//EmptyInertia=141739.6,28550.6,161309.4
EmptyInertia=127277.0,26042.7,145478.1
ReferenceArea=49.24
ReferenceSpan=11.79
ReferenceChord=4.89
CGPosition=0.00,1.70,0.00
Component[001]=Fuselage
Component[002]=Nose
Component[003]=LeftWing
Component[004]=RightWing
Component[005]=LeftStab
Component[006]=RightStab
Component[007]=VertTail
Component[008]=LeftOuterWing
Component[009]=RightOuterWing
Component[010]=Perche

[Perche]
ParentComponentName=Nose
ModelNodeName=refuel_door_out
ShowFromCockpit=FALSE

Edited by UllyB

I solved it, it had another line, I didn't see it the first time, which should be switched to FALSE. Now it works. This one:

[Fuselage]
ModelNodeName=fuselage_P
ShowFromCockpit=FALSE
HasAeroCoefficients=TRUE

Nope, for getting rid of mirrors and their supports you use that trick, I forgot who invented but is here somewhere, in the forum. If you don't find ti, let me know and I will send you the files. Problem is , you have to know to work with them, in order to make the wanted changes.

That's okay, I prefer solutions that involve changing a line from TRUE to FALSE. Gives me more time to go bomb stuff.

Interestingly, I have the Razbam A6 Intruder package, and they have a graphic in the cockpit called RVM (Rear view mirror!) It's dark blue, and it makes the mirrors stay that way whatever manouvres you perform. The worst part of no mirrors is when they go bright white.

I just haven't figured how to use that concept in any non-Razbam aircraft.