Sign in to follow this  
GKABS

Help with animation glitch

I have created a radar and I created the animation, but somehow at the end of the animation, there is always a glitch noticeable.

I would like someone to just guide me through how to create the animation for the game.  I know I start from 0 to 9 (Frame ID).

My question is do I start the animation key from zero as the starting point where the radar is pointing North (North=0 from 360 degrees ) and then start rotating until I reach back again to the endpoint which is north again. Sorry if I am not explaining myself correctly but I hope someone would understand and lend a hand

Thank you very much.

Actually it is from frame 1-10,  frame 0 should be the object without animation keys. the movement is OK the way you describe.

Although if you make a search (early warning) radar then simply look at the "spoonrest" or the "flatface" it does not need animation, just in the _data.ini have to define the modelnodename= that should turn (radar entry) and the timing you want. the game engine will handle the rest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, logan4 said:

Actually it is from frame 1-10,  frame 0 should be the object without animation keys. the movement is OK the way you describe.

Although if you make a search (early warning) radar then simply look at the "spoonrest" or the "flatface" it does not need animation, just in the _data.ini have to define the modelnodename= that should turn (radar entry) and the timing you want. the game engine will handle the rest.

logan4 Thank you so much for your clarification, I will look into it.  Much appreciated

To not to clone themes i want ask the question about animation too.

MAX 2009 ,Windows 10 home

1) I v made noozle. Nozle is an "editable poly"

2) i go to "Motions" - "assign controler"  and do all 3 controllers TCB

3)  in timeline do manual animation key on "scale" "rotation "position" frame 21

4) turn on "Autokey" and move slider to frame 30.

5) do scaling the noozle with "select and uniform scale".

6) turn off autokey

7)  go to "utilites" and chose "TW exporter Decals 2010" and tap export - decals

find with LODViewer.exe my aircraft. there is no noozle animation working. all other animations is good. Rotating, moving, its okay. Scaling - no! Whrer is my mistake? The same with dragchute. i did it small, but scaling do not work and i do not understand why. Pls give me the answer.

Edited by bazillius

How u are doing scale? By object or throug vertex selection ?

in my case any way do not work no object nor vertex (((  Working at aircraft stoped.

2P8up.jpg

2P8ut.jpg

2P8ux.jpg

2P8uy.jpg

2P8uE.jpg

2P8uH.jpg

2P8uJ.jpg

• Like 1

and if i try to do a vertec anim i have the same result. i have it in 3Ds MAX but i havent it no in Wiever nor in game

And i tried diferent variations. Kinda Bezier controlers, do animation from 2 frame, from the middle of timeline, from beginning... i feel i something missing but i do not wjhat. Fnd another question. Exporter do not understand solvers at all? Like IK solver etc? Look At constrain? Only by hands animations?

Try to set nozzle animation as No.1.

i did it as first try. result the same. no scale anomation

Edited by bazillius

And guys, what Windows do you use for modelling? How MAX9 works on it? mine on W10 sometimes frizes (rare), sometimes crashes (verey rare but it doing it) and do not work right click mouse menue at all. after clicking right mouse button on object it freezes on screen but MAX still working with this menue atop and no way to close it. Only restart MAX. Changing driver useless

9 minutes ago, bazillius said:

And guys, what Windows do you use for modelling?

7 :baby: and check controlers 1 more time before export.

6.jpg.4e73628f6e2088c66ff381a1df7387f6.jpg

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bazillius said:

How MAX9 works on it? mine on W10 , sometimes crashes (verey rare but it doing it)

Happens on 7, too. I just learned which operations he doesn't like and saving project before ;-)

6 hours ago, bazillius said:

And guys, what Windows do you use for modelling? How MAX9 works on it? mine on W10 sometimes frizes (rare), sometimes crashes (verey rare but it doing it) and do not work right click mouse menue at all. after clicking right mouse button on object it freezes on screen but MAX still working with this menue atop and no way to close it. Only restart MAX. Changing driver useless

Did you try to report to customer service? I had some issues with max and w7  around 6-7 years ago they solved this quite fast. Since then no single problem.

yakarov79

Cmon, what they will say? Program is 10 years old, what they will say at service but "get new more modern".

guuruu

I see the differance. You did with edit mesh and did keys with "position" "rotation" and "scale". I am a minimalist and tryed only for scale keys. May be position is important. I did exactly like on your scrins, even do it with a cilinder like you. and it works. now i wil try with my model. Thanx. you helped me. i'm mentally sending you waves, rainbows and white energy.

• Like 1

And another important thing i just found. if you did one anomation to one object you can't do animations with the same objects any more. it needs to use dummy object and do it invisible. otherwise one of the animations will disappear.  PS Is there the full documentation for TW exporter or just forum? I guess no any documentation but small readme :/   well....

5 hours ago, bazillius said:

Cmon, what they will say? Program is 10 years old, what they will say at service but "get new more modern".

I know, tried a year ago :haha:. 'Buy newer version' :big_boss:.

19 hours ago, bazillius said:

now i wil try with my model.

Success ?

Yes. Work in progress. still alot to do. Pylons, Cocpit interiyer, tunes... I am going to upload it asap. I am doing about 15-40 minutes everyday just for personal pleasure, so i do not know when i can finish it this month or this century ))) I will ask you if i need something. you realy helped me.

• Haha 1

Little trick with max 2009 on windows 10...if it crashes a lot.....copy the max2009.exe   and run from the copy shortcut....wont crash  dont ask me why...lol

you still having vertex animation problem?...I use it a lot and it can be a pain...when you map a part thats got animated vertices,animation will vanish  no idea why...always edit \map before you animate vertices.

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

For drag chute...you animate the vertices of the chute to make it close\open,to activate it you need a controller mesh.(invisible box) to link it to to animate that opening the chute.(moving it,and controlling the open \close and placement.)..I did a tutorial video in the dl section...also i think for vertice scaling anims on things like nozzles.

for chute notice controllers are set not to TCB

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

Edited by russouk2004