Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Anatra DS and Anatra C.I updated

Since Ojcar has made a new FM for the Polish Anatra DS, I have updated the Russian and Austrian versions as well. I took the opportunity to make some improvements to the wings and other details of both planes. And the Austrian version got a new cockpit with German gauges and gun. Both planes have new LODs, but the skins Eugene2 has made recently for the Anatra DS will still work. 

My thanks to Ojcar for making a new FM that has better handling for the plane and better take offs.

https://combatace.com/files/file/12396-anatra-ds-anasal/
https://combatace.com/files/file/13014-anatra-ci/

ADS002.jpg

ADS003.jpg

ADS008.jpg

ADS009.jpg

ADS013.jpg

AC1003.jpg

AC1009.jpg

AC1015.jpg

AC1016.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

When I was uploading the Anatras, I noticed that the Aviatik-Berg D.I's didn't have any screenshots, so I uploaded some pictures for them. They are showing up as updated files, but there is really nothing new there.

• Thanks 1

Stephen1918:

I gotta tell you, this is some pretty extraordinary customer service!  Thanks yet again for your amazing contributions to the FE and FE2 community.

• Thanks 1

I really enjoy it! Thanks for the hard work and dedication. Cheers!!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NeverEnough said:

Stephen1918:

I gotta tell you, this is some pretty extraordinary customer service!  Thanks yet again for your amazing contributions to the FE and FE2 community.

Not as much can be said about Stephen's customers, as we don't pay him very well. Not this one anyway!

• Like 1

Nice one Mate !!! still working on the skins, had a few computer issues and my vid card has died, so saving for a new one, then I can get back to it

• Like 1

Particularly like that Yugoslavian skin!

ALMOST as nice as a Big Ack... :)

• Like 2

On 17.12.2018 at 10:07 PM, Stephen1918 said:

AC1016.jpg

Um ... Did Yugoslavs have the Anasals, and even in camouflage? :blink: This is probably from the category of alternative history?

I saw this plane presented as a plastic model kit from Omega:

https://obchod.valka.cz/product_info.php/p/1107177/title/1-48-Anatra-Anasal-DSS-Yugoslav

I don't know if such a plane actually existed, but I liked the look of it. Austria Hungary had many Anatra C.I's. After the war a lot of them ended up in the air force of the Czech Republic, so it isn't unreasonable to assume that some of them found their way into the Yugoslav air force.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stephen1918 said:

I saw this plane presented as a plastic model kit from Omega:

https://obchod.valka.cz/product_info.php/p/1107177/title/1-48-Anatra-Anasal-DSS-Yugoslav

I don't know if such a plane actually existed, but I liked the look of it. Austria Hungary had many Anatra C.I's. After the war a lot of them ended up in the air force of the Czech Republic, so it isn't unreasonable to assume that some of them found their way into the Yugoslav air force.  

This is absolutely excluded. The Yugoslavs didn't have any Anasals! Omega is an out-and-out liar)) As for the decals, it is obviously based on this photo.

16-1.jpg.1bbca54f40c1a420eaa3e47ead01b275.jpg

But there are no identification marks of Yugoslavia! The picture shows a plane belonging to the aviation of the Armed Forces of Southern Russia (by general Denikin). This aircraft fought at Tsaritsyn and crashed in the summer of 1919. The plane of the number of Anasals built by order of the Austrians, but never taken out of Odessa. Just the balken cross was painted over with white paint first, and then Russian roundels are painted on top of it. Any paint becomes more transparent with time - that is how such a funny effect of “x-raying” has turned out))

5c1b873d68d45_0043.thumb.jpg.249c292cd2ac18b766d883593322eaa9.jpg

Edited by Crawford
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Stephen1918 said:

Austria Hungary had many Anatra C.I's. After the war a lot of them ended up in the air force of the Czech Republic 

In December 1918, the Czechs received 23 former Austrian Anasals, which were distributed in the 2nd and 3rd aviation regiments. The Anasals were used until 1921, after which 11 least worn-out airplanes were transferred to the aviation school. There they were used until the summer of 1923, after which they were finally written off. But several Anasals were transferred to the engineering school in Brno, where they used as flightless educational supples until 1942! It is noteworthy that the only surviving Anasal is also located in the Czech Republic - in the National Museum of Technology in Prague.

• Like 2