As I stated before, there would be no dedicated cokpit in this project. Sorry (limited budget + no one wants/can to do it so far). The team is trying to implement the 2 rotative bays, which is not easy task. We'll see what we will get in the end. Finger crossed and stay tuned.

• Like 1

On 2019-03-14 at 5:24 PM, UllyB said:

As I stated before, there would be no dedicated cokpit in this project. Sorry (limited budget + no one wants/can to do it so far). The team is trying to implement the 2 rotative bays, which is not easy task. We'll see what we will get in the end. Finger crossed and stay tuned.

That's cool and I can imagine a few existing cockpits that could work. What about that special optical bomb sight? In some of the images I've viewed of the blackjack's cockpit, I got the impression that sight was a square screen mounted into the cockpit and almost looked like a small, brownish TV screen. Am I  mistaking it for something else, or is than indeed that special sight? And is so, would it be possible to model it and fit it into one of the existing cockpits?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arrow said:

........fit it into one of the existing cockpits?

No.

10 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

No.

I thought that would be the answer, but wanted confirmation I was just doing some wishful dreaming.  ;)  Now that I think about it, the screen I noticed was actually on the weapon officer's (not sure if USSR bomber jets had the equivalent of that) console and SF2 can't model such features.

In a way, it can. 

I have cockpit on progress with a pilot, navigator/bombardier and DSO stations to switch...

Of course, you can't do much on other stations but you can seat there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yakarov79 said:

...I have cockpit on progress with a pilot, navigator/bombardier and DSO stations to switch...

Oh wow - very cool!  Does his mean I can dream of some modder some day creating a Strike Eagle with switchable Wizzo and Pilot positions like in my beloved Janes  F-15 combat sim?  :-P

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 10:08 PM, yakarov79 said:

In a way, it can. 

I have cockpit on progress with a pilot, navigator/bombardier and DSO stations to switch...

Sooo, you were  brewing something there. I'd like to think that this project really turned you on friend ;)

So if it's possible to do switchable stations, is it also possible to switch what avionic displays are show? I'm thinking things like radar and target acquisition screens. What about a DSO HUD?

2 hours ago, UllyB said:

Sooo, you were  brewing something there. I'd like to think that this project really turned you on friend ;)

But it's not blackjack...it is a vintage thing...

sorry, my reply was not clear...

1 hour ago, Arrow said:

So if it's possible to do switchable stations, is it also possible to switch what avionic displays are show? I'm thinking things like radar and target acquisition screens. What about a DSO HUD?

This is more complicated. But there are ways to add some 'extra' useless things on mfd...Although those are mostly eye candies rather than useful functions. Still, the game engine is the limit. 

• Like 2

On 3/26/2019 at 4:08 PM, yakarov79 said:

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG.7f61421c9e8da8ffca1aaaa6270aaddf.JPG:lol:

• Haha 1

I see. You almost got me with that cockpit.

I've got news from project team. First flight:

https://files.fm/u/6ge9cmpp

Like last time, I would ask someone to publish the photos to be seen directly. Thank you.

• Like 1

Yeah Blackjack team!  The TU-160 ranks among the most elegant Russian aircraft ever designed - gotta love those curves and lines.   :)   Can't wait to see this bird with a skin on it.

3 hours ago, UllyB said:

...Like last time, I would ask someone to publish the photos to be seen directly. Thank you.

Unfortunately, I'm no more skilled than you with this.

well it's not about skill than it's to have space allowed to drag and drop the photos. When I try that it says that i have 64,6kb allowed only. I ASK AGAIN a moderator to solve this issue , please! Or at least give me a solution to be able to publish the photos here, without going to other website etc

• Sad 1

Already looking fantastic,can't wait to hunt these with a QRA Typhoon !

1 hour ago, UllyB said:

well it's not about skill than it's to have space allowed to drag and drop the photos. When I try that it says that i have 64,6kb allowed only. I ASK AGAIN a moderator to solve this issue , please! Or at least give me a solution to be able to publish the photos here, without going to other website etc

Just send me the images @UllyB and I'll post 'em.

JosefK

it's simple just press on the link I posted and get ...them. :)

Here are the images...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for publishing them. It seems that this would be the mean for now on until a moderator will fix this issue.

Let me know what is the fate of this project? Work in progress or already forgotten and abandoned?

I was absent for a while, I had some familiy matters to attend to, I apologize. I have very good news for you. The project is finished, both for SF1 and SF2 as well (I spoke today with the team). Unfortunately I am not home now and I will need a month more (holiday). Then I will test the models and and if there are no major issues, I will upload them for you to have them.

Link for some more photos for both SF1 and SF2:

https://www8.zippyshare.com/v/4feXqQfJ/file.html

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Great news!

Any chance the download of the recent picks could be hosted on a different site than Zippyshare. When I click the button on that site to start the download it pops up a form asking me to install a file download manager. Yeah sure...no way in hell I'm doing that.

On 01.07.2019 at 5:13 PM, Arrow said:

Any chance the download of the recent picks could be hosted on a different site than Zippyshare. When I click the button on that site to start the download it pops up a form asking me to install a file download manager.

Hi!

As long as UllyB is "on station", I'll take the liberty to answer for him. So, here are the screenshots that were attached. Apparently, the model Tu-160 is expected to be very good. Perhaps, it even more closely matches the prototype than the model by Veltro2k (in the Download section he recently published his version of the Blackjack, but with a B-1B cockpit).

sf11.jpg

sf12.jpg

sf21.jpg

sf22.jpg

sf23.jpg

sf24.jpg

• Like 5

Looks very nice!

IMHO the dark overspray along the panel lines should be toned down, or left out entirely.