I apologize , it will be a delay of two or three weeks because of the holiday period. Stay tuned.

• Thanks 1

ok I am back  and I will receive (I hope) tomorrow the files and start testing them.

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 1

Today I have the files and the test was commenced. It will take a week max and after that, if everything looks as it should I will upload the files for you. Thank you for your patience

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Testing was finished. The 3D model is solid but a few ajustments must be made for the FM plus a few minor issues. In the shortest time possible these problems will be addressed. I'll keep you posted.

Some pictures with its animations in LOD viewer:

https://www34.zippyshare.com/v/8D0yA1wl/file.html

PS - PLEASE, for god's sake, a moderator could get rid me of that error " You are only allowed to upload 61.44kb " ??? I ASKED THAT four times and no one did anything. I can't show pics here because of that  and I have to go to some other sites just to show you pics of the plane!

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 1

Don't know how to correct that problem, but the link you provided is not valid. Let me ask other moderators to see If they can help you.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, UllyB said:

Testing was finished. The 3D model is solid but a few ajustments must be made for the FM plus a few minor issues. In the shortest time possible these problems will be addressed. I'll keep you posted.

Some pictures with its animations in LOD viewer:

https://www34.zippyshare.com/v/8D0yA1wl/file.html

PS - PLEASE, for god's sake, a moderator could get rid me of that error " You are only allowed to upload 61.44kb " ??? I ASKED THAT four times and no one did anything. I can't show pics here because of that  and I have to go to some other sites just to show you pics of the plane!

@UllyB photos:

1.thumb.png.482c52b2e42b4f6f79aa227a7ad78edb.png

2.thumb.png.d693ba8f8bb7eaf9fed93054cf83f71c.png

3.thumb.png.8605c62b23c9e1671777c838d413a209.png

4.thumb.png.7e34cb014916e18ad0e696a065972e77.png

Also uh when done can you please do a Su-34?  Please?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thx for posting the photos. It's embarrassing I can't do it myself because of that hitch of the website.

We'll see about future projects. It all depends how people will react to this very first project. If it will be a hit then there are chances that work will go further. We'll see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UllyB said:

Thx for posting the photos. It's embarrassing I can't do it myself because of that hitch of the website.

We'll see about future projects. It all depends how people will react to this very first project. If it will be a hit then there are chances that work will go further. We'll see.

Happy to help!  Thanks for being receptive to future project ideas!

On 8/16/2019 at 3:04 AM, UllyB said:

You filled up 40 MB of attachments which is what you are allowed as a Senior Member. 

Nothing was done because it is up to you to manage your attachments. You may do so here: https://combatace.com/attachments/ 

If you'd like unlimited space upgrade to a subscription plan or use the gallery to store your images. 

• Like 2

I just want to show them here in forum, not to store them. 40MB is the max, for life, here on forum as a senior member? I don't upload pics here everyday. Maybe this time it could be make some exception or we should find a compromise, I am showing these files TO YOU all, because YOU are interested in the project and not because my ego is bigger than the MB store limit I got. If we cannot find a compromise, I will be force to do what I already done, for years,, upload pics to some shaddy websites , instead of doing it here, where it was supposed to. Please try to see things from my perspective, too. If it was just for my ego, you never would have heard of me complaining about space. Please find a solution for THESE cases, when a plane in development is shown to the people. Thank you.

Edited by UllyB

There's nothing wrong with your account. Your attachment space is fine. That error does not occur when trying to attach files or images to posts. I can't fix what is not broken. Try your attachment again and if you get an error screenshot the error. I am capable of reading upper and lowercase typed words unless you intentionally wanted to emphasize you meaning me to make this personal in which case I have a totally different answer for you.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Erik said:

You filled up 40 MB of attachments which is what you are allowed as a Senior Member. 

Nothing was done because it is up to you to manage your attachments. You may do so here: https://combatace.com/attachments/ 

If you'd like unlimited space upgrade to a subscription plan or use the gallery to store your images. 

6 hours ago, UllyB said:

I just want to show them here in forum, not to store them. 40MB is the max, for life, here on forum as a senior member? I don't upload pics here everyday. Maybe this time it could be make some exception or we should find a compromise, I am showing these files TO YOU all, because YOU are interested in the project and not because my ego is bigger than the MB store limit I got. If we cannot find a compromise, I will be force to do what I already done, for years,, upload pics to some shaddy websites , instead of doing it here, where it was supposed to. Please try to see things from my perspective, too. If it was just for my ego, you never would have heard of me complaining about space. Please find a solution for THESE cases, when a plane in development is shown to the people. Thank you.

Hey @UllyB I appreciate all you are doing but this site doesn't come cheap.  Happy to pay to keep the files online... even when I don't have as much SF2 time as I'd like.

I understand that, but at least projects made for everyone here should get some support I think. If it would be just uploading photos for my delight, it would be a different story, that's all I said. Maybe they could build just for projects a thread or something where could be a bigger limit to project pics, I'm just saying.

PS - do you think that sponsoring  projects comes ...cheap ?

Edited by UllyB

6 hours ago, Erik said:

There's nothing wrong with your account. Your attachment space is fine. That error does not occur when trying to attach files or images to posts. I can't fix what is not broken. Try your attachment again and if you get an error screenshot the error. I am capable of reading upper and lowercase typed words unless you intentionally wanted to emphasize you meaning me to make this personal in which case I have a totally different answer for you.

I used capital letter to some words , because I found them supportive to my narative/request, that is all, I just stressed my advocacy for the issue, so you shouldn't take this personal, if that is what you meant. It's just my style in underlining things I find them important for the respective communication. I hope I didn't offend anyone being just myself. I also noticed that YOU are the owner of the website so maybe projects like this one can find a little understanding when it comes for a few extra megabytes to upload pictures concerning projects. If it's not possible, well, that's it, I will upload somewhere else when the space will be , again, full.

PS- There is space now because I erased 90% of what pics I uploaded in the past, but that I did it today. However, until now, when you explained how things work with those 40MB, I didn't know that , so I always thought it's some sort of error, I thought there were no limits for pics , here on the forum. Now it's crystal clear.

Edited by UllyB

7 hours ago, Erik said:

use the gallery to store your images. 

If you read Erik's reply carefully he gives you the way you can have limitless pictures uploaded...  From there you can link them to the topics you want to include them. So instead of going multiple rounds what and how should be changed, etc, use the data people give you to solve issues, its right there just have to read it, understand it and apply it.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Our quotas are there for scale. We host thousands of files and file images, site content including attachments in posts and private messaging, the gallery, an extremely large database, backups, and more. If all our members filled their quota on disk you can imagine the storage that would be required. The cost of adding additional hardware isn't cheap because our equipment runs in a RAID configuration so adding another 1TB disk is really adding 2 which increases our overhead. I've looked at cost savings alternatives like moving to the cloud but there also the premium is disk space and we'd be paying more. As for our support for modders that's never changed but you have to be nominated into that group and I have no control or say over that. You were asking about the error and site operation so everyone has responded accordingly. Now I understand you may be asking for something different and I'll pass the word along.

• Thanks 2

On 8/18/2019 at 1:46 AM, logan4 said:

If you read Erik's reply carefully he gives you the way you can have limitless pictures uploaded...  From there you can link them to the topics you want to include them. So instead of going multiple rounds what and how should be changed, etc, use the data people give you to solve issues, its right there just have to read it, understand it and apply it.....

Thank you for stressing it out. I think I missunderstood it when I first read it. It's a brilliant idea.Thank you for help Logan.

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2019 at 3:17 AM, Erik said:

Our quotas are there for scale. We host thousands of files and file images, site content including attachments in posts and private messaging, the gallery, an extremely large database, backups, and more. If all our members filled their quota on disk you can imagine the storage that would be required. The cost of adding additional hardware isn't cheap because our equipment runs in a RAID configuration so adding another 1TB disk is really adding 2 which increases our overhead. I've looked at cost savings alternatives like moving to the cloud but there also the premium is disk space and we'd be paying more. As for our support for modders that's never changed but you have to be nominated into that group and I have no control or say over that. You were asking about the error and site operation so everyone has responded accordingly. Now I understand you may be asking for something different and I'll pass the word along.

Thank you for understanding and I hope I didn't cause you too much trouble, but if I did, I apologize. I just wanna do something nice for this wonderful community that gave me that much in all these long years. Cheers!

A small update for the project. A few issues has been corrected:

- the engines nacelles corrected

- the wheels and wheel rims corrected

- the landing gear problems  corrected

A few more tweaks (FM in particular, I am not yet completely satsfied how it performs here) and I will upload the files (for SF1 & SF2)

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 1

After some evaluation and thinking I took the decision to release two versions , for each SF series, a cold era version of the plane. The cold era version will load out conventional bombs. The post cold war era version will use the conventional tipped rockets/bombs for SF-1 and rockets, bombs, cruise missiles for SF-2. The motivation behind this decision is to deliver believable, solid FM (it takes time to tweak and test it) and , also, for the post cold era SF-2 version we need more time to test and tweak the cruise missiles settings etc.

I know you all wait for the release and I hope I won't disappoint you for taking a little longer time than I thought, just to offer you a quality product, exactly as you all expected. I expect to release the cold era version in 2-3 weeks and the post cold era version in 2-3 months.Thank you.

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, UllyB said:

After some evaluation and thinking I took the decision to release two versions , for each SF series, a cold era version of the plane. The cold era version will load out conventional bombs. The post cold war era version will use the conventional tipped rockets/bombs for SF-1 and rockets, bombs, cruise missiles for SF-2. The motivation behind this decision is to deliver believable, solid FM (it takes time to tweak and test it) and , also, for the post cold era SF-2 version we need more time to test and tweak the cruise missiles settings etc.

I know you all wait for the release and I hope I won't disappoint you for taking a little longer time than I thought, just to offer you a quality product, exactly as you all expected. I expect to release the cold era version in 2-3 weeks and the post cold era version in 2-3 months.Thank you.

Nothing to be ashamed of.  I have a certain project that since at least May, I could have just thrown on here but I'd rather get it from 70% right to at least 90% right & proper.

I do hope you put in nuclear weapons as the Tu-160 was meant to be first & foremost a part of the Russian nuclear deterrent.  NOT go thousands of miles away supersonically to just crater a runway or lob a couple dozen cruise missiles for the Soviet equivalent of CNN.

With that, a photo of your nice bomb bays...

2.thumb.png.d693ba8f8bb7eaf9fed93054cf83f71c.png

I will be happy to test this new version!!! SF2 is still installed and lets see how this version will be at the end. It looks very promissing !! :drinks:

• Like 1

Just a small update. We are making some progress with the weapons system corection and the FM. We need more testing for now.

• Like 2

Dear friends, due to medical problems I will be missing from here for a while, so our collegue and friend YAKAROV79 will take over , and after all tweaks are ready (they are close to ready) he will release, in my behalf, the planes, for both SF1 and SF2. Please say a pray for me. Thank you all for all these happy years beside YOU.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5