For such a large bird, it is better to specify the shadow visibility distance MaxVisibleDistance=4000 or even 5000 instead of 800.

By the way, this beautiful model has one subtle, but annoying problem with one of the animations. When landing or taking off, the nose gear does not move up/down, but forth, shifting from its proper place. Of course, this is not visible in flight, but nonetheless ... Perhaps if the work on the model is continued, will this bug be fixed?

NoseGear.thumb.jpg.3fcdabc50e62a1722bd854c761143b2a.jpg

Edited by Crawford

I checked the animation in LOD window for the wheels gear, I looked in game to the sequence, everything looks right. I don't understand what you are saying. The wheels gear is moving backwards as I see it. What do you mean it should move forth ?

in right picture the leg is clearly out of alignment..shock travel is front to back...it doesnt go up and down m8  looks like it set to Y axis in max.

Edited by russouk2004

Now I get it, so it should do one move more in the animation (going up first). Well I have the 3D Max source. If anyone who knows to work ina 3D editor wants to solve this issue I stand ready to assist with the file.

just change pivot from where it is now to Z axis.....or just rotate it in affect pivot only mode.....rotate it 90degrees up..

• Like 1

I have this max file, and I was already addressing issues that i found. But currently, I am busy with some other stuff and can not afford to put much time again into blackjack project.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

I have this max file, and I was already addressing issues that i found. But currently, I am busy with some other stuff and can not afford to put much time again into blackjack project.

When you do please let me know in order to update the model in Download section. Thanks

Posted on the Tu-160 download thread as well.  Getting proper up/down motion on my version, beta 0.91

[NoseGear]

ShockNodeName=Front_Shock
ShockTravelAxis=Z-AXIS

• Like 2