Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

BVR missiles "mechanic" question

Is there a connection between sustainer motor (where it applies) parameter and the missile duration one ? I noticed that, when using missile view, they explode, in the air, ahead the enemy plane tens of meters, so that is why I ask, to determine if it is a relation bwteen them , in order to tweak a missile parameters to be as realistic as possible. Thank you.

Hope this helps. Note all units, time, distances, etc., can be listed down the 6th decimal place (0.000000) in game.

ReleaseDelay=<--------------The time between when the launch button is pushed and the weapon is released is seconds.
FusingDistance=<-----------The distance in meters along the Y-axis from the 0.0 point of the weapon's level 1 LOD at which fuse action initiates.
ArmingTime=<----------------The amount of time after release before the weapon's warhead can detonate. It may also effect when the weapon starts guiding, i.e. maneuvering, toward the target.
MinLaunchRange=<--------The minimum range in meters at which the weapon will be allowed to lunch.
MaxLaunchRange=<-------The maximum range in meters at which the weapon will be allowed to lunch.
Duration=<----------------------The amount of time in seconds that the weapon will exist in game after launch unless it hits an object or terrain.
BoosterStart=<---------------The amount of time in seconds after release before the booster starts.
BoosterDuration=<---------The amount of time in seconds after the "BoosterStart=" time that the the booster will apply thrust.
BoosterAccel=<--------------The amount of acceleration the booster will apply in multiples of G, that is 9.81mps squared as defined in the EnvironmentSystem.ini file.
BoosterEffectName=<----The name of the booster's effect.
BoosterSoundName=<---The file name for the sound the booster makes while under thrust.
BoosterNodeName=<-----The name of the booster's mesh if the weapon’s LOD has a separate booster that can detach after burn out.
BoosterPosition=<----------The X, Y, Z, coordinates in meters for the  position of the booster effect relative to the weapon's level 1 LOD.
SustainerDuration=<-------The amount of time in seconds after the "BoosterDuration=" time end that the the sustainer will apply thrust.
SustainerAccel=<------------The amount of acceleration the sustainer will apply in multiples of G, that is 9.81mps squared.
SustainerEffectName=<--The name of the sustainer's effect.
SustainerSoundName=<-The file name for the sound the booster makes while under thrust.
SustainerPosition=<--------The X, Y, Z, coordinates in meters for the  position of the sustainer effect relative to the weapon's level 1 LOD.

• Thanks 2

missile duration is how long it "lives" in the game world before self-destruction

• Thanks 1

so it is as I thought. Now it's clear. Thank you for help everyone!

"The maximum range in meters at which the weapon will be allowed to lunch".

I really love that. The missile gets a lunch break on the way to the target.

• Haha 2