Sign in to follow this  
Sky High

Razbam Korean Winter Terrain in Strike Fighters 2

I just downloaded Gepard's mighty Korean terrain for SF 2 and while sight-seeing it in my Sabre, it dawned on my slow-moving cerebrum that neither Wrench's terrain nor Gepard's offered a winter option (at least none that I'm aware of). I then remembered the old winter Korean terrain I bought from Razbam years ago for SF 1. I found it and just threw it into the Terrains folder. Eureka! It worked and doesn't look too bad, either. 

Wrench's terrain has a seasonal folder called Fade_winter. Gepard's Mig Alley has no seasonal tiles, but Wrench's definitely does. It's a two season terrain; winter and summer.

Actually, Wrench's original Korea3 terrain has a lot more seasons AFAIK, even Fall, Late Fall and Spring. Then Stary decided to reproduce a better repaint with a more realistic approach, and it only uses two seasons, Fade_summer and Fade_winter.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

Because i'm not the high skilled paintshop guy, i decided to use mostly the stock tiles from TK. Only some new tiles i made for a better coastline. If you use a winter tileset for Korea MiG-Alley terrain it will work properly in the most cases. Only the new made tiles will have the green standard.

Perhaps i will sometimes learn how to make good winter tiles. Maybe.

It's going to be very difficult for the Razbam team to match Wrench's korea terrain. Everything you do here is great and it's hard to beat  :ok:

Oh, the Razbam terrain would not be nearly as good as the ones presented by the modders here, but since it was payware, I thought if anyone else owned one they might like to know it worked in SF 2 as well. It does provide another option and is reasonable at higher altitudes. 

Forgive me for forgetting that the Wrench/Starry terrains have seasons. I'd completely forgotten. My only excuse is that 'cerebrum' comment.

Edited by Sky High
  • Haha 1

My Korea terrain visual update from 2015 has two season or so option and IMO feels "close enough" for Wrench's terrain.

The one included in original Wrenches' release was utter shit temporary hackjob of mine that was released without me knowing as I had at the time nicer one almost ready.

• Like 3