i was looking how far i have to go to see no more changes between Lod001 and Lod002 , i started with Lod001 at Distance=15 and to my surprise i could not see any changes because the Lod002 never appeart

any idea what is wrong here ???

[WeaponData]
ObjectFullName=LAU-59/A (HE Frag) Mk1 w/cover
ObjectDataFile=LAU-59_Mk40_Mk1c_data.INI

[LOD001]
Filename=LAU-59_Mk40_Mk1c.lod
Distance=50

[LOD002]
Filename=LAU-59_Mk40_Mk1c_Lod2.lod
Distance=300

[LOD003]
Filename=LAU-59_Mk40_Mk1c_Lod3.lod
Distance=1000

[Shadow]
CastShadow=TRUE
ShadowCastDist=2000
MaxVisibleDistance=100

Edited by ravenclaw_007

I find those problems usually mean a typo, or  a missing LOD.

For example, is the name of the lower-poly LOD you are trying to use from 50 to 300 meters  "LAU-59_Mk40_Mk1c_Lod2.lod", or is it "LAU-59_Mk40_Mk1c_Lod002.lod" ?

And is the LOD with that name in the folder?

the lod is in the folder , i made now so many weapons but only now i found this problem , so it is not only with this particular weapon i posted above , this problem i have with many ( all ? ) weapons i made

the name Lod2 or Lod3 is something that TW is using as well , so i dont think that this would be the problem 

i wonder if it is something with my game setup that causes this

Edited by ravenclaw_007

I might be miles off here, but is'nt there a fairly strict way in which they have to be created?  There's something about it in the TW max exporter notes.

could be , do you have this TW max exporter notes ??? i just checked the TW side but i cant find the exporters

I think they're here at CA...maybe in the KB or downloads.

just found them on TW , but nothing about the distance lod´s

@ Sundowner , Ant could you please check you mail

Hi ravenclaw, just in case this helps but when you make the lower level .LODs they must retain the exact hierarchy, textures, etc.  Basically start with your detailed model and remove verts/polys but do not change textures, mesh names, or hierarchies or your lower level LODS will never appear.  Also, I might suggest take a 2nd level .lod and set it as the first level, remove all other entries and test to see if only that .lod shows up.  That can at least help to see if it's a naming discrepancy, etc.

It's been a long time now and I am not sure what it really means, but I found a notice of mine in my MOD folder:

"lower LODs have to share exactly the same Node Names, or else they won't show up "

I hope it helps somehow... :dntknw:

Edited by DaniloE31

ok each lod shows up when i put the them to [LOD001]

and it seems that they are working, i changed the settings to:

[LOD001]
Filename=LAU-59_Mk40_Mk1c.lod
Distance=5

[LOD002]
Filename=LAU-59_Mk40_Mk1c_Lod2.lod
Distance=15

[LOD003]
Filename=LAU-59_Mk40_Mk1c_Lod3.lod
Distance=50

and at a certain point ( maybe 50 meters ) only the rockets remain if i zoom out , the launchers are gone , only between Lod001 and Lod002 i cant find any difference

Try maybe _lod2 with different skin (all red for example). You will see which LOD is displayed.

Maybe 5m is too short distance and you see LOD002.