1 minute ago, JSF_Aggie said:

There are some .INI tricks you can do to get both runways active. This will get you twice the quantity and variety of game generated parked aircraft, if you go that route. 

It's also cool to see the AI operating aircraft from the other runway, while you're taking off or landing.

That sounds good, I will look into it well I get there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yakarov79 said:

But as long as it is in ini file...it will appear. 

Sure. My apologies because I didn't explain well. What I was saying is that such coordinates are not identical for all airfields. They have to be relative to the 3d model you're using. If I copy certain coordinates from a stock airfield .ini file to a custom one, I most likely get airplanes parked at the runway or in the middle of the desert. For instance, those are the coordinates of the stock desert_airfield5.ini

screenshot.thumb.PNG.1b394c6b67a8fbfd22154792f6c0c1e8.PNG

Edited by Menrva

3 hours ago, Menrva said:

Not really, yakarov. The game is not that smart. Parking spots' coordinates must be defined inside the airfield's .INI file. We have them predefined for the stock game airfields, but for custom 3d models, it's a different story. I would like to know if there's an easy way to add precise parking spots, as well as night lights. I don't know which reference the coordinates use, if the center of the airbase or...

two cent observation, given my prediliction for airliner eye candy

the game will load any aircraft in the install, stock or mod. But it does it when it damn well pleases, even if you set parking chance to 100%. also, most spaces are set for stock aircraft, which can lead to bigger planes merging

img00781.thumb.JPG.7427b73d2abb3ee8ebf2ab53c7403dd9.JPG

imagine these guys joined at teh waist. it actually happens alot, and i usually pause for my screenies and have to manuever around to get such oddities out of the shot. sorry, for the just explained reason no example shots at this time

so when setting up parking spaces, take the dimensions of say a C-5 and assign length and wingspan values for that to any parking spots you want to see large aircraft on. but be forewarned, the game will randomly select something (be it a KC-135 or an A-37) to go there (within the allowed nations) and jury is still out on if a minimum wingspan value would work (there is a maximum wingspan entry in the ini)

NOTE: after rereading  before posting i realize Menrva was talking about 3d party airfields not aircraft. but the parking info for the ini could still be useful so still posting

Edited by daddyairplanes

35 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

the game will load any aircraft in the install, stock or mod. But it does it when it damn well pleases, even if you set parking chance to 100%. also, most spaces are set for stock aircraft, which can lead to bigger planes merging

NOTE: after rereading  before posting i realize Menrva was talking about 3d party airfields not aircraft. but the parking info for the ini could still be useful so still posting

It IS useful! Keep in mind that the bug with bigger planes merging also has to do with the type of size you have given to the aircraft in its _data.ini file. Planes which are SMALL and MEDIUM should use the Parking entity, LARGE planes use another set of coordinates, those of the LargeParking entity defined inside the airfield's .ini file (check the image I attached in the previous post). So, airliners should generally be defined as Large aircraft in their _data.ini, not as Small or Medium.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

iirc, the "LargeParking" is defined in the aircraft's data ini via the Wingspan= statement, not only the span statement in the airfield's ini..

assigning parking slots to custom airfields is not that difficult -- just very time consuming*. As is always true in the 3W world, all orientations are based on N/S pointing runways (north being the "usual" direction). All offsets computed from the 0/0 of the main lod.

as to runway/taxiway lighting, about a billion years ago, I added them to Runway 2 and 3, the old fashioned way. THAT took a long time. While it worked, they didn't always exactly follow the curves. But it it DID work. Just using the base statements from other runways for colors an directionality.

*although use of the TAE makes this much eaiser*

Looking completely awesome already.With yet more to add this is going to be a really fantastic piece of work.

• Like 1

Re: A/M-32A ground power unit
GK-AM-32A-5.png
GK-AM-32A-6.png
GK-AM-32A-7.png

• Like 4

I sure wish I could learn how to build an airbase!

Really superb work gkabs .Im wondering with these all screenies of your work.Keep it up friend :)

Any News on the airbase Project? 

It is coming along nicely I have completed about 80%, I am working on the AIRFIELD_DATA.INI file and its time consuming, and there are some models need to be completed to release them at the same time with the airbase.  I am trying to finish up some of the other projects that I started to get them out of the way so I can have more time to complete the job.

My biggest problem is I start some many things at the same time, whatever comes to my mind I just start lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just uploaded 6 models related to the new Airbase.

• Thanks 2

On 1/21/2019 at 4:01 AM, JosefK said:

I sure wish I could learn how to build an airbase!

you could always rework existing bases with the wealth of ground objects and buildings out there. ini editing and skinning/decalling are the cheapest mods to work. just go into the guts of it and ask questions (with pics or code to highlight your roadbloack)

9 hours ago, gkabs said:

My biggest problem is I start some many things at the same time, whatever comes to my mind I just start lol.

It captures the mindset of the modders best to quote the phrase "Ooh Shiny!":lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Please can someone help I can't start a new post I keep getting this error 

• Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1364

I know this is not the right place to post this,  but I have no other option, I sent three emails (As I have been having issues with posting on the forums) when the notice that popped up asked me to click on "Contact us" to the site, and I have, but I have not received any replies to my issue. 

What is confusing me, is that I can reply to other peoples posts, and send PMs but I can not start a post myself.

Edited by gkabs

Here are some new photos for the AB and I hope you like them.  I will have all the files compiled soon, but I need 1 or 2 members to test it for me before I release the final work.  Please contact me if you are willing to help.

Annotation-2019-03-28-184212-1024x424.pn
Air Base main gate.
Annotation-2019-03-28-184319-1024x412.pn

Main Hangar and there are 3 different models 
Annotation-2019-03-28-184417.png

The inside
Annotation-2019-03-28-184503.png
Annotation-2019-03-28-184613-1024x449.pn

Side door and a backup generator
Annotation-2019-03-28-184652-1024x605.pn
crew bomb shelter

Annotation-2019-03-28-184737.png
One of the main area of the AB with floodlights, the top red light animated rotate 360

Annotation-2019-03-28-184853.png
Annotation-2019-03-28-184935-1024x592.pn
and not to forget the warehouse and the garbage dump

Annotation-2019-03-28-185029.png

2 big hangar for the transport craft

Annotation-2019-03-28-185103-1024x374.pn
Annotation-2019-03-28-185126-1024x503.pn
Annotation-2019-03-28-185158-1024x595.pn
Main big airplane area

Annotation-2019-03-28-185252.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

that's excellent!!!

are the open hangers enough to 'tag' them for parking slots in the airfield's ini?

Very impressive !!! :good:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wrench said:

that's excellent!!!

are the open hangers enough to 'tag' them for parking slots in the airfield's ini?

Yes you can :smile:

Annotation 2019-03-29 190114.png

Annotation 2019-03-29 190041.png

• Like 4