daddyairplanes

whats your modding plans for the new year?

just like the question states.

leading off, i hope to

-continue low level work on ODS upgrades (my part mainly in scouring the DL section for newer and better versions of already included mods, as well as some upgrade of whats already there)

-continue with SAC B-52s (G model in particular, hoping for a partner on the H models) reskinning for the late 70s through end of SAC(1992) era

-fix up the B-1s and FB-111s for SAC

-minor tweaks to the B-52D, F and G for Vietnam, as well as minor tweaks for the white belly BUFFs to incorporate unit badges rather than just the SAC badge on both sides

-repackaging some of the appropriate airliners as a USAF nationed Civil Reserve Airlift Fleet (CRAF) squadron for ODS

-747-100/200, and possibly renewed DC-10s if a lil bird comes through (no pressure, no worries for the one that told me bout it)

-finally, regardless of new trijet, new KC-10 skins using my current modus operandi (tga camo) with a focus on ODS

not too much i hope, esp with a job keeping me busier than before and trying to learn how to land in a new sim w/o breaking at least one of the landing gear

who else wants to give a sneak peek into their plans?

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

AH-1W wiskey supercobra....and....RAH-66 commanchi....by yakarov :biggrin:

FJ-1.....FJ-2/-3 ...FJ-4 Fury....F-108 rapier....F-17 cobra............F-84H Thunderscreech.....XF-88 voodoo

• Like 2

As Topic says: what are your plans not wishes!

For me:

- T-33A Reduxe

- Fiat G.91R3, R4, T3

- Boeing 737-200

- Canberra BI.8

and Maybe the new Starfighter gets new life….

• Like 7

Finish my todo lists from 2016, 2017 and 2018 :blush:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

@daddyairplanes When you eventually manage to finalize the aircraft set, I can get my hands on reworking the campaigns! So, to rework the ODS campaign is definitely in my plans for this year, although I'm no campaign guru. Maybe I'll become one.

Other plans:

-To complete new terrain packages (can't say more, there will be surprises!)

-To finalize the GUI and Sky Enhancement mods (release is coming)

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

Only 1 goal for this year for me - get enough motivation to do some useful SF2-modding again...

• Like 5

I'll probably make some other skins related to Ace Combat series when I'll get some free time. 
Since I'm a lover of fictional, would be gorgeous to see the fictional contents folders updated a bit with new contents. 
And would be great to find a modeler that would like to work on a model replica for the XFA-27 from Ace Combat Infinity, it was cool and full of animations. Satisfing to use and see during combat. 

I plan to improve my skinning and campaign making skills.

Maybe create a couple of 1950's era fictional campaigns such as one in Central America.

Would like to make a French vs. Viet Minh campaign then lead up to 1964 US Vietnam War.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geary said:

Would like to make a French vs. Viet Minh campaign then lead up to 1964 US Vietnam War.

That would be marvelous. 

1 hour ago, Geary said:

Maybe create a couple of 1950's era fictional campaigns such as one in Central America.

That would be also hot.

As for me - no new year resolution.

Hoping I can finish some projects that i've started long ago. Because I'm starting a new one (any time - all the time).

Century series fever now. 

Hope you can get some helo and multiengine stuff...

• Like 5

finish the weaponspack-3 and finish my F-4G and the cockpit for it and there is still a lot of work i should finish for other people , Kevin is waiting for a aircraft and the F-5a recon nose needs to be finished to

so let´s start working :stars:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

The tasks i set myself.

Finishing the Faeroer terrain.

Finishing the Kuril islands terrain with new tileset and in 250m resolution.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 1/8/2019 at 2:01 AM, Soulfreak said:

- Boeing 737-200

well dammit add another item to teh list?:lol: there will be a bare metal skin hopefully (as well as a T-43)

On 1/8/2019 at 4:16 AM, Menrva said:

@daddyairplanes When you eventually manage to finalize the aircraft set, I can get my hands on reworking the campaigns!

workin on it boss!!!  that new F-4G mentioned will be eagerly awaited too. question, do you have Excel? thats what my aircraft list is in right now

On 1/8/2019 at 8:45 AM, JSF_Aggie said:

F-4J, F-4N, F-4B Skins

JSF_Aggie, you know i released a pretty comprehensive F-4N set for both the DLC and Storm's version? it would be a good jump off point, though it could use some touch up on BuNos and CAG birds within the run of skins (but I included all users from BEELINE completion to retirement in mid 80s as set skins, as well as Eagle Claw skins).

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

workin on it boss!!! question, do you have Excel? thats what my aircraft list is in right now

Yes I do! I guess I will have to download lots of packages to update ODS to current standards! Just save all the links of the needed stuff. We'll work the rest out later. Unlike usual mod packages, we can divide the download for the new ODS into different packages, one for the campaign files, one for the aircraft, etc. This way, we could update just one of the smaller packages if/when newer 3d models and/or additions happen. Well, you'll see.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

no prob on the links, its one of the things taking some time is the column with link to latest mod

My plans are to finish off a JASDF single mission pak based on @Gepard's Kuril Islands.  Using that to learn a lot of small things about SF2... that will add up.  As proof I'm working on this... see below:

img00818.thumb.JPG.ec6a7733e55ddb877d11ffe6fcb35a86.JPG

img01600.thumb.JPG.dcf97605ad69f789b8ecbf71492dbb4f.JPG

Only then, get back to a JAS-39 Gripen-based campaign fighting off the Parani!

===========

Finally, wonder if/when/where the JMSDF Izumo-class Destroyers will become available for SF2.  Especially now that they'll be packing JASDF F-35Bs...

Edited by JosefK
adding screenshots

On 08/01/2019 at 7:19 PM, ravenclaw_007 said:

finish the weaponspack-3 and finish my F-4G and the cockpit for it and there is still a lot of work i should finish for other people , Kevin is waiting for a aircraft and the F-5a recon nose needs to be finished to

so let´s start working :stars:

Hi @ravenclaw_007 any updates regarding the weaponspack-3?

8 hours ago, GKABS said:

@ravenclaw_007 I hope and pray that your health is much better than before. :friends:

it is , i still face some problems but i´m much better now , i´m also going back to the weapons pack  3 but for now i have to finish some jobs , 450 gal and 600 gal drop tanks for the F-105 (WTR) and some drop tanks for the Hunter as well as all the cockpits for the F-4E´s

450 gall drop tank F-105

Image2.jpg.5aa367e150c5b8e6729a0c97b1b4751e.thumb.jpg.9b6f913110e9d658c2a1749da814c9a3.jpg

Image4.thumb.jpg.469c8b51f1a940dde248a8b50199427d.jpg.d6b6665470f1c16a01520e8f362d1c75.jpg

Image6.thumb.jpg.6891a80b588209621558a0f2dfeee7b9.jpg.02092c3b9258f877b63a0399911b793a.jpg

Image8.thumb.jpg.f2d4246ca0cb5ed2cfcdd88014b1ae77.jpg.9b66a18b10816bc8816ba7925ff558c7.jpg

Image10.thumb.jpg.cbcc92503d91ff67c482b2a279ede32d.jpg.9385f4b3f049f1d2ad4292cc836b09bd.jpg

Image4.thumb.jpg.260ce3079247d01303abdaacdd3db83a.jpg.3012bfc0df164dd2fa41ae933a50797c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I am really happy that your health is much better.:friends:

Also good to see that your working on the weapons pack 3.:clapping:

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 1